PTAT During Football Season

Brazen1

Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
VA
I just upgraded to the Hopper from the VIP and have a question about PTAT. CBS prime time shows run up to an hour late during the football season. Shows in prime time may be delayed even when football is supposed to end before prime time starts. Can PTAT settings be changed to run an hour late or do we just lose the last scheduled program (The Mentalist) on the Sundays football intrudes on prime time shows?

I have tried extending the time at the end and for some reason it doesn't always work. I'm a big Mentalist fan so I just record the next two shows at 11:00 PM just to be safe. CBS is ridiculous with this. There can be times when they are only over by 5 mins. and then they show 5 mins. of commercials before starting the next show. Les Moonves had some stupid quote once when asked about this. He said something like fans of our shows know what to do to make sure they see them. :rolleyes:

There have been multiple threads on this since the Hopper came out. I think it's suppose to adjust on it's own but you'll find plenty of info on here in older threads. Just type in "ptat on sunday" in the search on here. You should be able to find an answer there.

My solution is to turn PTAT off on Sundays and just set a timer for The Mentalist. I have the timer set to record an extra hour of The Mentalist. If you set the timer to record an extra hour and have PTAT turned on, the extra hour does not get recorded.

There have been multiple threads on this since the Hopper came out. I think it's suppose to adjust on it's own but you'll find plenty of info on here in older threads. Just type in "ptat on sunday" in the search on here. You should be able to find an answer there.
And IIRC the consensus was that it will adjust on its own if the overrun sporting event is a scheduled event within the PTAT window itself (such as NBC Sunday Night Football), but not if programming runs over before the PTAT window starts (as is the case on Sunday afternoon CBS football coverage).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)