PTAT, Save series behavior?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
I never noticed this before the most recent s/w version so I want to ask if it's always been like this and I didn't notice or if something changed.

What it is is I em to tie the PTAT folder and selected The Simpsons, then "Save series". After doing that, under timers, there's an event to record the show at 12:30am (see attached).

I don't recall seeing that happen before - it would only save the showing that falls under PTAT hours.

Anyone know?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420240846941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420240846941.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 178
I never noticed this before the most recent s/w version so I want to ask if it's always been like this and I didn't notice or if something changed.

What it is is I em to tie the PTAT folder and selected The Simpsons, then "Save series". After doing that, under timers, there's an event to record the show at 12:30am (see attached).

I don't recall seeing that happen before - it would only save the showing that falls under PTAT hours.

Anyone know?
My guess is that particular channel also shows Simpson reruns. Check the timer and see if it says 'New & Reruns".

Ahhh, that could be the case! I just presumed "Save series" would stick to the 8-11 timeframe.

If you set a timer it will find all the shows of that name on that channel regardless of the time of broadcast.

I thought "Save series" was maybe smarter (or defaulted to "New"). In this case, the episode I happened to pick was obviously a rerun and the normal behavior for creating a timer was used.

Every show in the PTAT folder is old therefore you get New and Reruns. If you pick from the guide you get Only New on new show and New and Reruns on a previously aired show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts