Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A few updates this week...

Great news! Effective August 3, 2009 we launched four new SD Spanish-language channels in the DishLATINO Clásico and higher programming packages for customers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands for no additional cost!

These four new channels will be broadcast from the 110° orbital location only.
In addition we are now simucasting the
V-Me channel (previously only available at the 119° orbital location) on the 110° orbital location. V-Me is available in the DishLATINO Clásico and higher programming packages.

Please note that all four new Spanish-language channels along with the V-Me simulcast at the 110° orbital location use
MPEG-4 signals only, so customers must have a ViP-series/MPEG-4 receiver, as well as an applicable antenna
pointed to the 110° orbital location and a subscription to DishLATINO Clásico and higher packages, in order to view these channels.

Four New Channels Launched into DishLATINO Clásico and higher for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Island Subscribers​
•​
Animal Planet Latin America – Broadcast entirely in Spanish and directly from Latin America.

•​
Discovery Kids Latin America – We are excited to now offer our most requested channel in the Puerto Rico market! Discovery Kids Latin America is designed for preschool-aged children and is broadcast entirely in Spanish from Latin America.

•​
National Geographic Latin America – Broadcast entirely in Spanish and directly from Latin America.

•​
Utilisma – This 24-hour channel features programming for women on topics such as food, decoration, and arts and crafts, with a “do-it-yourself” approach. Utilisma is the most successful home and garden channel broadcast from Latin America!

Heres another one launching today.

Great news! Effective August 5, 2009 we are launching​
a new SD Spanish-language channel – America TV – in the DishLATINO Clásico and higher programming packages for customers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands for no additional cost! This new channel will be broadcast from the 110° orbital location only.

Please note that this new Spanish-language channel is transmitted as an
MPEG-4 signal only, so customers must have a ViP®-series/MPEG-4 receiver, as well as an applicable antenna pointed to the 110° orbital location and a subscription to DishLATINO Clásico or higher packages, in order to view it.

•​
America TV Miami – One of the most popular stations from Miami, featuring programs such as talk show “Arrebatados,” variety show “Aqui Todos Ganan,” and much more! This channel is carried in Puerto Rico exclusively by DISH Network!

Nightmare the new Latino Channels

I tried the last days to verify why I am not receiving channels 842, 849, 851, 852 since I am suscribed to the Dish Latino Bonus Package for $13.99.

First CSRs told me that he doent have any info about these channels (yesterday).

Today I just chat again with other CSR and he said that those channels are only for new subscribers to the Dish Latino packages. And for that reason I am not able to receive those channels....Incredible. So i ask him to cancel the bonus package and he just do it.

I ask , if I add it now I will receive those, He says no. What about marketing here!

Well I will try later to see if I have better luck!!!

Currently I am suscribed To
AEP + GOLD HD
VIP-211
VIP-622

Any ideas or these CSR just sucks?

Last edited:
Give up on new latino channels

Well I give up to add the new latino channels. After two more conversations via chat, CSR told me that those channels are not available on the Dish Latino Bonus Packages. They are only available to a Classic Latino Package or higher.

I told her that at the bottom of the website DISH Network - Puerto Rico Programming Packages - 1.888.825.2557 are clear that those channels are available on the Dish Latino Bonus Package. She said that the information on the website is incorrect, but she will pass the info of the website to correct the website or include the channels on the Bonus Latino Package.

So for now, just wait to see if they change their minds. So, if any of you have luck with this, please post to give another try.

Well I give up to add the new latino channels. After two more conversations via chat, CSR told me that those channels are not available on the Dish Latino Bonus Packages. They are only available to a Classic Latino Package or higher.

I told her that at the bottom of the website DISH Network - Puerto Rico Programming Packages - 1.888.825.2557 are clear that those channels are available on the Dish Latino Bonus Package. She said that the information on the website is incorrect, but she will pass the info of the website to correct the website or include the channels on the Bonus Latino Package.

So for now, just wait to see if they change their minds. So, if any of you have luck with this, please post to give another try.

Well. that's plain stupid, if someone has the Latino bonus pak is because already have another basic pkg. That customer is spending more in programming than the average sub. If I subs to 250 and latino pkg, Dish would have more revenue than if I just subs to Dish latino max. Why dish would like people to spend less in programming?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi People

Well it has been a few days allready now since they added channels 842,849,851,852,860. Has anyone in Puerto Rico goten does channels yet? Last time I called they told me they had some issues with the carribean lineup and to give them 72 hours for it to get resolved. Well that 72 hours were due yesterday Sunday 8/9/09 and nothing has happened for me. Any luck somebody with this?

Yep, I am receiving those channels since Friday. In order to have my little girl happy with Discovery Kids Latin i had to change my programming from AEP + GOLD HD + Dish Latino Bonus Package to Dish Latino MAX HD Ultimate.

It seems that those new mpeg-4 channels are not included in the Dish Latino Bonus Package. Up to now there are only available on DIsh Latino Clasico package or higher.

A few updates this week...
Four New Channels Launched into DishLATINO Clásico and higher for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Island Subscribers​
•​
Animal Planet Latin America – Broadcast entirely in Spanish and directly from Latin America.

•​
Discovery Kids Latin America – We are excited to now offer our most requested channel in the Puerto Rico market! Discovery Kids Latin America is designed for preschool-aged children and is broadcast entirely in Spanish from Latin America.

•​
National Geographic Latin America – Broadcast entirely in Spanish and directly from Latin America.

•​
Utilisma – This 24-hour channel features programming for women on topics such as food, decoration, and arts and crafts, with a “do-it-yourself” approach. Utilisma is the most successful home and garden channel broadcast from Latin America!

[/LEFT]

Can others see these channels too? Or just those in PR. I am looking and cannot seem to find them. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)