QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been using this as a second Sat input for an XP system with DVBViewer with relatively few problems using the driver installer on page 12 of this forum.

I recently decided to upgrade my system to Windows 7, and started on a spare (small) hard drive. When I installed the driver I got a BSOD at the end of the installation process. I restarted the machine and it did not recognise the device because it had no drivers for it. However, when I looked at the properties it then showed me what device drivers it had for the card! I then pressed a button (can't recall which) and it installed the drivers. Success.

Then I decided that I needed a bigger hard driver for the "proper" upgrade. I then completely failed to do a complete clone of the original drive (and wiped it in the process - don't ask!), so had to start from scratch. Same BSOD when I installed the driver, same unknown device drivers yet will list the drivers, but this time when I try to enable/upgrade the drivers now I get a BSOD, and it still does not see the device. Anyone recognise these symptoms and have a fix??

That driver doesnt support any switches unfortunately. In DVBdream it misses on 1/4 channel changes as well. I've given up hope for a driver to fix the problems, too bad because the hardware seems decent and it is so cheap.

there are 3 things we didnot check
1- as i see in SCH and Silkscreen the power input printed is DC 9V
2- the attached power adapter with qq box package is 8V output
3- the power input printed on qqbox input is 7.5V
may be this effect on qqbox stable
how can the power adapter which come with qq box package is 1 ampere (size is small) and give stable output!

there are 3 things we didnot check
1- as i see in SCH and Silkscreen the power input printed is DC 9V
2- the attached power adapter with qq box package is 8V output
3- the power input printed on qqbox input is 7.5V
may be this effect on qqbox stable
how can the power adapter which come with qq box package is 1 ampere (size is small) and give stable output!

The QQBOX does two things with the incoming supply, one step down to 3.3v, two step up to 13 or 18v. The supply can be anywhere between 6 and 9v and be stable.

The power supply is a switch mode type, therefore small adequate supply.

LME has sent me the Schematic for this product.

Good reason for it not to work, NO EEPROM!

It uses a 24C02 which is available form www.mouser.com but without the programmer and firmware, this is the end of project.

Here are the documents for QQ Box USB DVB-S Receiver.

I have found out that the 24C02 is not required and is internal with LME2510C.

Fitting the chip may cause the firmware to malfunction. Strange that the schematic should show it, because it is still readable and writeable without it.

Possible thought, perhaps that have pinched a ROM area of the chips firmware loader and emulated the 24c02.

The firmware is loaded into RAM area inside the LME2510/C, the EEPROM stores tuning data, tuner id, and possible mac address.

Last edited:
QQBOX sattelite finder

1- if i need to use the QQBOX as sattelite finder what is the best program using for that and very sensitive for signal ?

2- as you told before the power input needed for QQBOX is 6V to 9V. how can i use the USB of my PC(laptop) instead of external power adapter ? because the USB gives 5V only ?

Last edited:
QQ BOX works with Altdvb

i attached working normal Altdvb 2.2 with QQ Box
there is two files (BDA) which make this card work with Altdvb

Dev_BdaDriver.int
Dev_Bda2Driver.cfg

you can find them on path
\AltDVB\Devices

ver :1.011

when start Altdvb you will see two choice> choose the one BDA2 drive this will work normal and can scan channels
Regards :D

Attachments

• AltDVB.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 298
(LNB out) new way to make QQBOX works with Diseqc

Hello Dear Adam , Box Spy and all :cool:

using lnb loop ot will enable us to use our diseqc with QQBOX

bush_bfsat01hd_rear_388x70.jpg

Example: on my Dish i have 4 LNB fixed with Diseqc ports as bellow:

1- NileSAT
2- HotBird
3- ArabSat
4- Amos

as known if we connect the cable which come from Diseq to QQBOX ,LNB on Port1 (Nilesat) only will work
i made a new method enable us to make remaining ports 2,3,4 works

1- we will need to Receiver then plug in the main cable
(which come from Diseqc)

2- make new cable and fix one in your QQ BOX (normal) and the other in your receiver LNB out

3- turn on your receiver and setup your LNB as you fixed (of my example 1Nile,2Hot,3Arab,4Amos)

4- from your remote choose sat list and choose Nilesat-->ok then turn off the receiver from remote(dont unplug power cable)

5- from your programs make scan for channels or transponder (i used ALTDVB as it works well) note: don't choose any diseqc mode, All=none

6- if you want to watch HotBird channels (LNB2) just turn on receiver and from sat list choose HOTBIRD then turn receiver off

7- make in step 5

8- if need to scan or see channels on Arabsat go from step 6

this way made me to watch all LNBs fixed on my Diseqc
you cannot watch two sattelites on same time
if the reciever power is on, you can only watch one transponder which using in reciever (you can change from remote) so u can watch same channels

we can say this method is temporary till LME make fix for that in new driver :confused:
and they should test on
AltDVB
ProgDVB
Dream DVB
my theater

Best Regards
Alaa :D

It is a good idea Alaa but wouldnt it just be cheaper and easier to buy 4 QQbox?
Then you can access all 4 birds simultaneously.

At that point though, I would just recommend buying a tuner with proper diseqc drivers. Who is not dissapointed with QQbox, I sure am. But for $30 shipped it was a nice price.

i have a problem
i have cutting in pic, i opened the metal box and Removed the board out, the channels works perfect ,
when i back the board again inside metal box , the cutting back again,
i followd up the instructions given in that post with put Tap on coil and boad but not success to solve the problem
any advise?

The problem is that L101 and L103 are both standard ferrite cores, energy is transferred from L101 to L103 through the case.

L103 was originally a toroidal type which is less prone to magnetic pick up. While changing L101 to a shielded type does help horizontal pick up, it does not eliminate energy through the case work.

I changed L103 back to the toroidal type and have experienced no problems at all.

Incidentally, they have stop selling the QQBOX on Ebay in the UK no doubly due to returned units, due to Sky mini dishes LNB more sensitive to the noise.

Last edited:
The problem is that L101 and L103 are both standard ferrite cores, energy is transferred from L101 to L103 through the case.

L103 was originally a toroidal type which is less prone to magnetic pick up. While changing L101 to a shielded type does help horizontal pick up, it does not eliminate energy through the case work.

I changed L103 back to the toroidal type and have experienced no problems at all.

Incidentally, they have stop selling the QQBOX on Ebay in the UK no doubly due to returned units, due to Sky mini dishes LNB more sensitive to the noise.
would you please give me a picture of L103 which is Toroidal type

dear tvboxspy thanks alot for reply . Tyt
my L1 and L3 now are the same at pic you attached
really i cannot know what i can do right now. what i change L1 or L3 .

UK user channel scan help

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster, please be gentle.

I bought one of these devices from dealextreme from here: $28.40 - DVB-S Digital TV HDTV USB 2.0 Box/Tuner with Remote Controller - Hardware Parts

It was in black with an EU plug.

I am based in London, England and trying to scan for various channels using a variety of software but only a handful of the FTA channels are coming up.

My setup is as follows: sky minidish - which has 4 lnbs coming out of it. 2 to living room, 2 to study.
In living room, hooked up one of the lnbs (tried both at various stages) to the LNB in on the qq-box. (What is the loop used for?)
I dont have any subscribtion card software etc, so really looking for all the FTA channels I would normally see on Sky or Freesat.
It's hooked up to Windows 7 x64 with the updated x64 drivers as found in this forum.

That's where the trouble begins. I have tried progdvb, dvbviewer,, blaze, windows media center, but I cant see quite a few channels, and some which are meant to be free/unlocked/unecrypted show up as encrypted.
Channels not showing up include: BBC1, BBC2, BBC HD, ITV HD and more
Channels showing up but are "locked": ITV2, C4 and more
Channels showing up and working: Channel S, BBC Parliament, CNN, Sky News, some other random ones.

Also I have had various BSOD with media center/progdvb etc when it appears to have frozen/locked and I have no option but to take out the usb.

I am choosing Astra 28.2E (Astra 2A/2B/2D/ Eurobird1) settings for the various tv tuner software. I am a little confused what the lnb setting should be - none/minidsq/2/4 osscilate. But I have tried each and every setting.

After the scan the above channels listed as not showing up are just that - not showing up. I have even tried to do a single frequency scan to see if it shows up, but nothing. The same scan on sky receiver shows up the expected channel.

Does anyone have a foolproof method of getting the following channels to work: BBC HD, ITV HD, BBC1, BBC2, E4, More4 etc... I would be soooo grateful, as otherwise have to return this as not working :(.

Kasam

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster, please be gentle.

Channels showing up but are "locked": ITV2, C4 and more
Channels showing up and working: Channel S, BBC Parliament, CNN, Sky News, some other random ones.

The LNB is stuck in high band which starts at 11700. The L103 Problem :-(

Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D at 28.2°E - LyngSat

There are not many channels FTA Astra 28.2 on the high band.

Get a refund from the supplier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)