Qualcomm announces new watch display/headset system for Android Phones

Yeah, that was true about Sony's watch too which is why this Qualcomm device caught my attention. But, the iwatch will also be locked to the iphone. Maybe that's not such a bad thing since these phones are quite popular. Sony, on the other hand was a loser out of the gate. I can imagine watch companies like Casio and others will be making universal smart communications watches soon. I do think they will catch on but certain features will not be popular.

idea- text message display with voice to text response all without having to handle the phone.

Yeah, that was true about Sony's watch too which is why this Qualcomm device caught my attention. But, the iwatch will also be locked to the iphone. Maybe that's not such a bad thing since these phones are quite popular. Sony, on the other hand was a loser out of the gate. I can imagine watch companies like Casio and others will be making universal smart communications watches soon. I do think they will catch on but certain features will not be popular.

idea- text message display with voice to text response all without having to handle the phone.

If apple was smart, they'd make it device/brand agnostic. Any phone with the required Bluetooth format is good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That is extremely unlikely. If they make it agnostic, then they don't get 30% of every app sold for the device.

I mean brand agnostic in the sense of receiving and sending information to a phone. They can still control apps through an ios store, but make it so that any phone can share GPS, phone, text, and other notification information.

I agree with John. The idea is that an accessory smart watch in it's present design has to be OS dedicated. Therefore Apple would need to design it so it worked with both Android, iOS, and how many others in use today? I like that Qualcomm is an all inclusive Android device agnostic, then you'll have Apple that will continue with their own infrastructure centered around iOS. Microsoft may need to make their own smart watch if they want to be in the game because their numbers aren't big enough for a third party to give serious thought. As was said before it's Samsung who is making the big mistake with an accessory that only works with their phone, considering Qualcomm TOQ will also work with it. ( unless it is locked out ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)