Quality of superstations?

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
I don't get any CW, WB, or Independent stations right now as I get all locals through the All American Partners. I woudl kind of like to be able to see the WWE Fridya Night show and notice its on a few of the networks but was wondering about the picture quality of those and if anybody that has themn would like to chime in? I was thinking about getting KTLA, KWGN, and WWOR. I heard the Yankees sometimes play on WWOR and the Clippers (if Im in basketball moods) are on KTLA. Are they $1.50 a piece?

I don't think the Superstations are available as individual channels (I've never investigated it though). The package costs $5.99 a month.

Regarding the quality, I've never had any issue with the picture or sound on those channels. They actually look better than my locals.

I can't believe they didn't run that by me when I dropped the package.
Some of the CSRs probably don't know that you can subscribe to them individually.

From Dish's web site:

The SuperStations are listed below and can be purchased as a package for $5.99 per month or individually for $1.50 per channel per month depending upon eligibility.

KTLA (WB) (From Los Angeles )

WPIX (WB) (From New York )

KWGN (WB) (From Denver )

WSBK (UPN) (From Boston )

WWOR (UPN) (From New York )

NightRyder

Some of the CSRs probably don't know that you can subscribe to them individually.

From Dish's web site:

The SuperStations are listed below and can be purchased as a package for $5.99 per month or individually for $1.50 per channel per month depending upon eligibility.

KWGN (WB) (From Denver )

NightRyder
Cool ,Thanks, I just called E* and I'm good to go.

I have KTLA and have never had any issue whatsoever with picture quality or the audio. As one poster already said, it's much better than the quality of All American Direct distant networks. I primarily subscribed to KTLA when I lost the Los Angeles networks thinking it would "supplement" what I had lost. Sadly, the news on KTLA doesn't even touch what the locals out there offered but it does give me Smackdown and the occasional Clippers game (which I usually just catch the end of -- not a huge basketball person). I have also considered adding some of the other superstations but just haven't made the plunge. Regardless, you can add them for $1.50 individually or buy the entire package for $5.99.

Cade

From Dish's web site:

KWGN (WB) (From Denver )

NightRyder

Do you know if there is a way online to determine eligibility or do I just need to call a CSR?

Thanks,
Tracy

KTLA home of the car chases!! w00 lol

And sadly, I haven't seen one yet. :mad: Some have said that KWGN (Denver) often shows car chases. Is this accurate? If I ever stumble across one on KTLA (and KWGN if I subscribe), it'll be worth far more than the $1.50 / month. :D

Cade

Someone mentioned the Yankees on WWOR. I read somewhere that the contract between them ended and all Yankee games may end up on YES this year. We'll soon find out I suppose.

Someone mentioned the Yankees on WWOR. I read somewhere that the contract between them ended and all Yankee games may end up on YES this year. We'll soon find out I suppose.

If I can find the link, I'll post it but I did see today where it was negotiated for one more year and would end following the 2008 season. The same article stated your suspicions, though... You can probably expect all games on YES following next season. I think the norm has basically become "you need cable or satellite" to see us play.

If I can find the link, I'll put it here. (Just had surgery on my right hand (and the finger still isn't healing and, on top of that, I'm hearing it's a staph infection now). Painful and wouldn't wish it on anybody. Plus, typing with my left hand only is time consuming... :rolleyes:

Cade

Customer Dis-Service & Cinemax $.01/yr

VIP722 Dual Mode Operation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts