quauli tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

big o

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
wv
first of all i would like to thank everyone here at sattlightguys , for this great fta hobby site ,especally ice , and all those who help us hobbist . ihave been a member for along time here ,come here abut every day,i just dont talk mutch ,not to good on typing ,i have about 5 or 6 receviers i dont belive you can get enough,it gets in your blood love it .now today i was surfing net, i found this great site that sells quali tv does 4:2:0, 4:2:2 and hd , and also analog receiver , has a great hobbist fourm for backhuals , the site is Gofastmotorsports :flag:

Yeah Rick has a nice site. It's the only place I've seen selling the Quali. I don't see much talk about the Quali here. Maybe cause it's so darned expensive

A few members talk up their Quali.
You'll usually find such discussion in the BUD section .
Give a look (search), and I'm sure you'll find plenty of discussion and references.

I've seen that site before, but it doesn't have too much of general interest to the FTAer.
Just a few packages, and not especially cheap.
None of the tech support you'll find on some of the other seller's sites.
However, for the race enthusiast, it might be the best site on the net. :)

A few members talk up their Quali.
You'll usually find such discussion in the BUD section .
Give a look (search), and I'm sure you'll find plenty of discussion and references.

I've seen that site before, but it doesn't have too much of general interest to the FTAer.
Just a few packages, and not especially cheap.
However, for the race enthusiast, it might be the best site on the net. :)

Ahh, I'm usually in the FTA section so I haven't noticed. As far as Ricks and the FTAer it's a nice site for finding the occasional feed. You know things like the lottery of course

I beg to differ. I have been one of Rick's customers for over three years. When I have had a problem he has always been there, either by E Mail or phone. He answers every E Mail himself and when you call HE answers the phone. That's a lot more than I can say with some other dealers I have bought from. I've also read horror stories on this site about members getting hosed by dealers. I can say from experience, that won't happen with Rick.

When I started in FTA this site got me going, when I coudn't get a question answered here I could always count on Rick. I have helped countless people on this site with information that I have gotten from Rick. So.....to say his tech support is not up to par is out of line.:up

GO FAST MOTOR SPORTS is his business site where he also post racing feeds.
Check out his FTA site at: Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum

Last edited:
What I wanna know is why the QualiTV's are 700.00 here in the US and 300.00 in the UK. Is there something they have to do to it to make it useable in the US ( power cord issue?) or am I paying 400.00 for them ordering it from the UK?:confused:

If I am paying 400.00 for the shipping from the UK SOMEONE is making a boatload of money. Fleabay UK has them for around 300.00 US shipped all the time.

Last edited:
Stogie,

It's because it's an import. It's no different than buying imported beer, CDs, wine ect. I once paid $25.00 for a Fleetwood Mac (the blues band) CD because it was a British import just to get Peter Green's origional version of "Black Magic Woman." At that time the average CD ran for about $11.00. Would I do it now, I doubt it. When dealers import merchandise they have to buy in bulk and the exporter sticks it to them, who in turn sticks it to us. Sad, but true.

So when I scrape together the 300 bucks I should go ahead and order the quali from the UK and have it shipped to me, then? I can swing 300.00 but 700.00 is just too damned expensive for a standalone receiver that can't blindscan, doesn't have any of the NA satellites in it, or any of that. Its two claims to fame are 4:2:2 and HD. Which is damned nice, don't get me wrong, but 700.00 will buy you a very nice computer right now you can do a whole lot more on than just watch tv. :cool:

From what I hear the mark up is in the shipping. I do know that when my mother board went out it cost $90.00 just to ship it from the Netherlands, so I can imagine what a whole unit would cost.

I also thought $700.00 was a little steep, but Mama wanted her Indiana State womens basketball. When I found the game she wanted, it was in 4:2:2 and she was displeased. The door of opprtunity opened and I stepped in. I said "it's in a different format, if I had this other receiver we could get the game." She ask how much it cost, I mumbled $700.00 and she said "order it, I will pay for it." I didn't jack arpound, I got on Ricks web site and placed the order. That was on Sunday and I was watching it by Wednesday evening. What is ironic, she has never watched a program on it, but I am getting her money's worth. As for computers, I could care less. I have been interested in satellites and TV since my Dad took me out to see Sputnik in 1957.

I found two yesterday and shipping on either one was 40.00 US from the UK to me. Might have to give this some thought. :)

Since you asked, and I am not planning on bidding right now...

Quali-TV QS1080IRCI 422 High Def Satellite Receiver - (eBay item 140178147141 end time Nov-18-07 12:15:00 PST)

I did a completed item search, I didn't find many, but the ones that did sell none sold for over 300.00. :cool:

Hmm when I read your post, I googled to see if I could find it. It brought up one ebay add and, when I clicked on it there was 0 items. I doubt I will bid on it either. I was just curious. I'll watch it though and see what it goes for. Should be interesting

Does the Quali not have an HDMI output?

Will it have a different power supply just thinking out loud not that it can't be FIXED :)
I think it is so spendy is that the 422 tech is owned by someone that won't let others play with it... Q is able to do it for what ever reason so they can charge a higher price go find a 422 decoder in the USA and you will part with a lot more then 700.00!!

Rick's site is great he will answer your questions and help you out if he can just like this site just a lot smaller forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)