Question about 5-LNB dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

YankeeFan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Tampa Bay, FL
Hello to all. I've been watching what has been going on with DirecTV's move to MPEG4 and the need for a 5-LNB dish. I saw the installation videos on another site and from what I can gather this dish will be much less forgiving in terms of alignment and rain fade. I live in Florida where rain fade is a big deal. I currently have a ChannelMaster GainMaster 36" 3-lnb dish, and was wondering if anyone would like to speculate if there will be a 5-lnb version of this dish...or if it will be possible to have two dishes (one 3-lnb and one 2-lnb) which would make it much easier to aim. Any ideas? :confused:

So is there an upgrade that I could add a Ka band dish and then use a multiswitch to intergrate into my current system?

Patience is a virtue! November started the installation of this new dish it is only the first week of December and you are asking questions that usually take many months to a year to develop answers to.

Yankeefan,

Do you get locals OTA? If so, I bet you'll be in good shape for quite some time--time enough for the manufacturers to decide what next to build.

Cheers,
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Report Incorrect DirecTV Thread Links Here

New D10 update??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)