Question about 811 w/programming on Ebay

spengo

Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
I noticed a couple 811 receivers on Ebay that still have almost a year's worth of Top60 and HD package on them. Now, can this guy legally sell these? If they still have almost a year of programming then obviously the previous owner didn't want to break some kind of contract, correct? If so, how does this contract work?

I know that I wouldn't be able to get PPV on this box but what would happen if I hooked up my phone line to use the caller ID function? Could I get into trouble? What would happen when the receiver "phones home"? I am an ex-dish subscriber so I don't have any other receivers active but I do still have my dish500 dish on the side of the house. Will I be able to continue the subscription when this one runs out?

First of all Welcome to Satelliteguys! We are glad you are here! Secondly what you are attempting to do sounds fishy and is probably illegal. I have never heard of programming being "Left" on a receiver. If it is possible then at the very least you would be sharing an account and that is illegal. I would recommend strongly against the purchase of this receiver....

Tricks on getting a new 811 (Existing 522 Customer)

Package upgrade/downgrade: How long does it take?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)