Question about obstructions

carlregular

Aug 1, 2006
Hello,
I am here to ask about how I can tell if emerging leaf growth on horizon tree line is responsible for bad satellite signal quality;

Back story~ Had a heck of a time with a company who has been lambasted on other links on this forum for being adolecent in their quest to provide decent isp service. More: Last fall I utilized the company who had much problems and little knowledge base to get them on the right track but when I had invested in the equiptment it seemed best to hang in and hope they would improve..

No such luck.. they were suposedly taken over by some renegade elements from within.. who co opted the billing and began to make off with their monthly reciepts!
After months of no contact and me buying a new comp (because their sofware was stuck inside my programs registry without a chance to remove and or reinstall to function) They announced a resolution and a new sat. A guy shows up to repoint to the pas1r sat much lower elevation and thus the eventual problem (last week) I hypothisize at this point. I am suspicious of them as the growth was there I think for some time already, but hey it could be.

These guys are really sadly under equipt in knowledge and luck it seems but are limping along while telling tall tales etc whenever it meets their need to cover up blunder or ignorance, its almost enetertaining but I would like to get the connection back to make it worthwhile:)
Any recomendations about finding the answer to my question, will a meter do? and which one for this?
"Is it trees or the dumm:hatsoff: ies"

What service and were do you live were you can see the pas1r sat?

Pictures will probably be the best way for us to help you in this situation. Can you take a picture like the one below and post it. I think you may have to have 10 post so just post 9 more test post. BTW if the view is like this one below you are out of luck.:D

Attachments

• antenna_view.jpg
    antenna_view.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 181
re where and picture posts

I am in the north central mass- south western NH area elevation is quite low as I recall like 25 or something,. I will post some pictures first thing in the am. The view is not as bad as the pic you posted though Thanks:)

sending views

The skyway uses a universal lnb single I am sorry the detail is lost in the re sizing due to being on dial up for the while.

The later pics are camera flat back on center of dish the lnb shot is not right on it but you can establish the point from the later pic I hope.

Attachments

• IM000007.jpg
    IM000007.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IM000016.JPG
    IM000016.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 184
  • IM000011.jpg
    IM000011.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IM000009.JPG
    IM000009.JPG
    741.7 KB · Views: 182
:eek: a tree mount are you kidding!? get it off the tree!!!!! mount on a pole!!! theres all kinds of reasons the tree moves grows tilts tord the sun that changes with summer temp the tree may actually push the bolts out. o my god! i cannot believe it! as far as the site if you were in the south with a higher look angle i would say your in good shape but being so far north I'm not use to the low look angle. looks like it would get you by. i forgot this is for internet? looks like fta. what sat are you trying to get? i can see a branch just above in the lbn pic#1 get that out of the way. and the pole mount up about 6ft will help your only a couple ft right now. i need more info to help any more than that mainly what sat/ how long is the cable run/ its for tv not internet/what signal strength are you getting on which transponder or channels are you having a problem with/ a zip code from your area????? thanks! then i think well have a better idea of how to help you.

This is for internet hobo and worked on the edge for quite some time. Installers put it there in march or so and Ive had connection issues only now and then. The branch in the pic is actually a bunch of trees that do not seem to be in the sight line but the pic indicates it as far as Sig Quality;
It is rated on a greeen to yellow to red bar signal and is pointed at pas1r sat, like I said it was fine yet in the yellow quite often, I regularly had 200 to as high as 772 up till last week. I am unclear about how all of a sudden the tree growth could obstruct. Leaves have been full grown here since july 1 probably anyway. The run is 100 ft and Ive tried a new adjunctive coax line to test with no luck.
Skyway is really screwy lost in space and always under acheiving as far as anything they are supposed to know. They often seem evasive and secretive when I ask what is wrong.
I will likley go with another company soon unless this problem resolves; poof for real.

the branch i see is in pic#1 at the very top edge above the lbn. i still say get a pole mount. the 100ft run should be ok. with trees it doesn't take much even the wind blowing one light branch just right can cut you off completely. weather has been very hot all over. the tree could be even a !/4" shift. if this is a proper install to them then i say run from them i highly recommend hughesnet. keep in mind sat internet will almost always suffer some loss i feel its normally 20-25% of advertised speeds. the sat your on is very low in the sky for you. by mounting on a high pole you will get a better look angle at the sat. but the end result for me is the original install is well absolutely unacceptable. the dish has shifted seance then and the trees have filled in with new growth. corrections to be taken; pole mount as high as possible/ trim trees where possible/mount as close to the modem as possible. good luck! your going to need it!

thank you guys both, I am about to call wild blue unless you have negatives to share about them, I simply cannot spen the HuGe(s) money and am only barley able to justify the 50 per month wild blue gets

yeah I CAN get wildblue here, a new twist though.. my sky modem has quit I am expecting a replacement this week and then trying a repoint, myself (off the tree)

if the bugs are out of the works, the money invested as well as time.. I will spend the thirty monthly as opposed to the 50 and 300 more upfront.
When things were working with skyway there was no problem. its just when they do not the people there are not striaght with me or knowledgeble enough it seems to get things back up again. Mostly I wish honest explanations were part of how they deal with problems , heh.
Stay the course with skyway? Im stuborn or stupid or likley both
think of me as the lab rat on their special cheese and stay tuned.. I will keep you posted.

done and dumber

I quit the skyway idiots today,
I am red faced and left with a charge back as my only recourse.
These guys ultimatley end up lying abd trying to cheat me even after adding insult to injury. They have a psuedo nice guy glad hand for anybody but absolutley no abillities or expertise to solve tech issues they run into almost daily. Lied to once too many times I am emancipated and await my wild blue install early next month, free at last. thanks for the help:hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts