Question about some BEV channels....

Strino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
I'm curious about some of BEV's channels, to which I couldn't get an explaination from Bell directly. From my outright asking "where are you located?" -- I always get a resounding "The Philippines", so that kind of explains why they don't know much about the channel line-up or anything other than what they're scripted to know.

Here's my two part question:

Why do most of the Movie and HBO channels have two HD channels -- one in the 800s and one in the 1200s?
Why does the channel in the 1200s have an (*) next to it in the guide?

I'm not having any problems with these channels, but I can't understand the redundancy nor do I understand why some of them are marked with an asterisk (*) in the program guide.

Thanks

The 800's are the old channel slots back when Bell never thought there would ever be over 100HD channels. The 1000's are where all new HD goes and eventually the 800's will go away.

Bell decided to 'move' all HD into the 100 range a long time ago. They pushed the button and almost everyone lost the Guide in some shape or form. The coding was bad.

After the phone lines literally lit up like a Christmas Tree, Bell had no choice but to remove the 1000's. Later they aded the 1000's agin but this time left the original numbers in place and that is where we still are now, at least 2 years later.

I think you might see these duplicate mapped Channels disappear when Bell TV migrate ALL the HD Channels to MPEG4 but that is just a guess.

As for the *, I have been asking the same question for years and as yet not logical answer or explanations.

Thank you for the clear and direct answers; much more than I was able to obtain directly from Bell TV customer service. At times asking them for answers is like pulling teeth, or asking the Colonel to reveal his 11 herbs and spices.

I don't think Bell puts much time and effort into their Satellite TV operations, Bell Canada treats it like that annoying cousin you promised to look after, basically it's just being fed to be kept alive.