Question about your dish installation please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texansgal8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
san antonio tx
I have posted a few questions about Direct tv since i may be switching if Voom shutdowns and maybe even if they don't shut down. Heres my problem. I live in an apartment on the second level. My Voom was installed on the side of the wall not the actually patio bar to bypass some trees. But unfortuantely when the leaves start blooming iam afraid i may lose my signal completely. I heard Direct tv's dish is actually facing in the opposite direction and also at a higher angle more upwards towards the sky so they are better able to bypass trees. Is this true?? Obviously if this happens with Voom and Direct tv i will be forced to resort back to Time Warner cable which i really don't want to do :mad: . I was wondering if anyone else with D* had this problem. Thank you for being patient with all my questions. :p

texansgal8 said:
I have posted a few questions about Direct tv since i may be switching if Voom shutdowns and maybe even if they don't shut down. Heres my problem. I live in an apartment on the second level. My Voom was installed on the side of the wall not the actually patio bar to bypass some trees. But unfortuantely when the leaves start blooming iam afraid i may lose my signal completely. I heard Direct tv's dish is actually facing in the opposite direction and also at a higher angle more upwards towards the sky so they are better able to bypass trees. Is this true?? Obviously if this happens with Voom and Direct tv i will be forced to resort back to Time Warner cable which i really don't want to do :mad: . I was wondering if anyone else with D* had this problem. Thank you for being patient with all my questions. :p

basicly the dish is at a 90degree angle from the voom dish directions wise... Voom points at 61.5 Direct's main sat is at 101. see the difference... and yes direct is higher in the sky

texansgal8 said:

basically , think of a clock dial and voom is at 12:00 directv would be around 2:00 to 2:30 here in western md. and directv is around 4.5 degrees higher, and im speaking of the 101 sats the 110 hd slot would be about 2:45, hope that helps

dragon002 said:
basically , think of a clock dial and voom is at 12:00 directv would be around 2:00 to 2:30 here in western md. and directv is around 4.5 degrees higher, and im speaking of the 101 sats the 110 hd slot would be about 2:45, hope that helps

great analogy...might use that for later reference

dragon002 said:

Thank you very much, that helped alot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Macon Locals When?

Want to get Directv but have some questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts