Question Galaxy 25 - 97.0W Reception on 12 Foot Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 4, 2006
Finally located Galaxy 25 - 97.0W my true South Satelite today with great help from the new Trimax 2200 Meter. The meter would only peak on Tps 11867 and 12177, but on 11966 and 12152 I got zero signal??

I scanned in about 200 TV Channels and 200 Radio Channels on 16 Tp's Unfortunately I can't get enough signal to pull in Tp's: 11966 (Russia Today) and 12152. Tuning the 12 Footer from East to West is extremely touchy. Does this mean I need to look at elevation now, since I know its not perfect? Or is KU Band just really hard to pick up on these big Bud Dishes? Any replies would be appreciated.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Finally located Galaxy 25 - 97.0W my true South Satelite today with great help from the new Trimax 2200 Meter. The meter would only peak on Tps 11867 and 12177, but on 11966 and 12152 I got zero signal??

I scanned in about 200 TV Channels and 200 Radio Channels on 16 Tp's Unfortunately I can't get enough signal to pull in Tp's: 11966 (Russia Today) and 12152. Tuning the 12 Footer from East to West is extremely touchy. Does this mean I need to look at elevation now, since I know its not perfect? Or is KU Band just really hard to pick up on these big Bud Dishes? Any replies would be appreciated.

Normally, a click to the left or right will see signal gain more or less, if this not help in signal quality, try set the dish up or lower about a degree. and still not help, adjust the whole feed. However, don't know how big the hole on your mesh dish, if a pencil can pass through, its too big.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 4, 2006
Normally, a click to the left or right will see signal gain more or less, if this not help in signal quality, try set the dish up or lower about a degree. and still not help, adjust the whole feed. However, don't know how big the hole on your mesh dish, if a pencil can pass through, its too big.

Thanks for the reply Sksatellite, the holes in the Mesh are quite a bit smaller than a pencil, can't move 1 degree either way to fine tune right now since the Actuator and V-Box III will not work. The only I can move the Actuator is with a 12 VDC Battery charger right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts