R-15 + International Dish Installation . Help Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superyurik

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Hi everyone ! Would like to get some expert advise on very strange thing that happened to my dvr r-15 . I installed 36inch Directv dish for 101 and 95 satellite, getting 94% signal on 101 sat and 87% on 95 , I'm using 4by4 multi switch. Bottom line that my r-15 sees only 101 sat while d-11 sees both satellites. Here is the list of things I already tried :
1.Changed multi switch
2.Changed both LNBs
3.Took my R-15 to my friend's house and amazing it works there just fine:confused:
4.Took my friend's R-15 and hook it up in my house it didn't work ether :(
5. Run two test cables from my neighbor dish hooked up them to my cables coming out after my multi switch and my R-15 works :eek:
.......So I'm lost here.....
6.Hook up my D-11 and it works fine:rolleyes:
.........At every test I did auto config on the receiver . All the wiring is straight brand new run....Any ideas will be greatly appreciated........Thanks.....

Set up single Round LNB first on 101. Then let the new firmware update. Then do an autoinstall.

Also coax on 95, goes to 18v on 4x4, check all your connections are tight.

canekid said:
Set up single Round LNB first on 101. Then let the new firmware update. Then do an autoinstall.
Also coax on 95, goes to 18v on 4x4, check all your connections are tight.
I have dual lnb for 101 satellite and single for 95. You want me to disconnect one of the legs from dual lnb , make it as sinfle first? And then do an autoconfig? Thanks , I will try that. And my coax from 95 goes to 18v on4x4

Hi,

I went trough this lately. Please see post #14 in the thread "new customer with R15 wants 95W only" . Don't know how to post links here, sorry.

Good luck,

S.

satcat66 said:
Hi,

I went trough this lately. Please see post #14 in the thread "new customer with R15 wants 95W only" . Don't know how to post links here, sorry.

Good luck,

S.
Thanks will try that also .......But like I said before, my R-15 works fine in my friend's house....That's why this is a puzzle that I can not solve...So I will try anything you guys suggest....Thanks....

Sorry, did not read your post properly. The only thing that comes to mind is the quality/length of the RG-6 cabling (and/or quality of the switch). DC-11 may be able to overcome the DC loss, which R-15 can not handle.

Just 2 cents....

superyurik said:
I have dual lnb for 101 satellite and single for 95. You want me to disconnect one of the legs from dual lnb , make it as sinfle first? And then do an autoconfig? Thanks , I will try that. And my coax from 95 goes to 18v on4x4

What I mean was have all three cables properly connected but tell the first installation screen where it asks what kind of dish you have to select single round.

The issue here is that the 95 LNB is Liniar and the first install does not take that into account. So you just do the singe round. The auto setup later will detect the switch LNB and 95 location later.

canekid said:
What I mean was have all three cables properly connected but tell the first installation screen where it asks what kind of dish you have to select single round.
The issue here is that the 95 LNB is Liniar and the first install does not take that into account. So you just do the singe round. The auto setup later will detect the switch LNB and 95 location later.
I tried that like 10 times...Thanks anyway...

satcat66 said:
Sorry, did not read your post properly. The only thing that comes to mind is the quality/length of the RG-6 cabling (and/or quality of the switch). DC-11 may be able to overcome the DC loss, which R-15 can not handle.
Just 2 cents....
Yes that's the only thing left I thought. But I run two cables from my neighbor's dish multi switch (added extra 25 feet of cable to my existing wiring) and R-15 sees both satellites :confused: So now I'm thinking of location of my dish. Maybe it's a roof covering part of the 95 satellite signal...If anybody have R-15 and D-11 (or D-10) receivers with 95 satellite set up, please compare the transponders on both receivers on 95 sat and let me know if both of your receivers can see all five transponders of 95 sat.Because my D-11 sees only 3 transponders out of 5 available , so I'm thinking maybe that's the problem (even thou I have 90% of signal on 95 sat on my D-11 receiver)
Anyway any thought will bee greatly appreciated....Thanks....

Got my R-15 up and running now....Here what I did to get 95 sat. I started to play with elevation . Lift up the dish by 5 degrees signal got weaker , then lover down the dish by 10 degrees signal was still weak , then put it back at the same elevation (39 in my case) it was before. Got the strongest possible signal on 101 sat 94%. Than did autoconfig on the receiver again and miracle the receiver started to see both satellites. Weird ah :confused: ! And now the receiver can see all five available transponders of 95 sat . So if some one come across situation like mine do not give up, just try that elevation trick.............Thanks to everybody who replied......:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)