R.i.p Voom

ROLLZROYCE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
You will be missed, I will have a drink in your memory :(

Bye for now, hopefully in a few years technology will finally catch up and be where you have been for years. A sad, sad day in the world of HDTV.

I think we should boycott SD programming.

Join with me and "Just Say NO to SD" :no

I WANT MY VOOM BACK!!!

I just signed up with Dish for the Voom10, so they do live on, at least partially. I am not yet receiving any programming though.

:-(

Once again..... Tonight was brought to you by the letter 'F'

betaman10 said:
You can say that again :(
Tonight was brought to you by the letter "f". :D
Voom lives on, hopefully when I wake up, I will have it on Dish. :yes

Voom DBS is Dead. Long Live Voom Programming.

I ran out of gas and went to bed before finishing my death watch. It'll be interesting to see what developes. I had such high hopes back in January. :no

Voom's Final Moments

warkovision said:
I ran out of gas and went to bed before finishing my death watch. It'll be interesting to see what developes. I had such high hopes back in January. :no

I went to bed at 1:30AM EDT (after unplugging the 3 stbs (just in case)). I just happened to wake up at 2:55AM and could not resist reconnecting the bed room TV to STB. Then watched HDN news (loop). Just before it went black, there was commercial for the Voom originals and I thought it would go black but then it went back to HDN news and a report (very old report) about trains.....then it went black. I switched to local channels and all was fine. (Except for no Voom :( )
Wayne

I did just about the same thing.......

I didn't disconnect my cable, but I pulled out my smartcard. After tossing and turning for a while, I managed to look up at the clock and decided to make the best of my insomnia. I put my smartcard back in and watched HDNews. It was 2:00AM and no shut off, so I flipped around and flipped back just in time to see no signal at 2:01 CDST. I then proceeded to check my satellite signal meter and it showed 0% quality, but it does show 64 on signal strength. That could be microwave interference from a cell tower just east of us. It was good while it lasted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)