R10 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slazzy

Original poster
May 18, 2005
Hi all, new to this forum, awesome info in here...

We've got an R10 in our Family room and it's starting to behave a little weird. Every so often when you change channels, the picture stays on the previous channel but you get the audio from the new channel. Has anybody experienced this?

This has happened a couple of times, and would eventually go away. But then last nite we pulled up a show that we recorded and this time it played the audio from the show but we were left with the green screen from the "List" area. There was nothing in the green screen but that smoke...

Any thoughts?

I had the same thing happen to my DTivo unit a few weeks back. I went to the menu and forced a reset and so far so good.

slazzy said:

We've got an R10 in our Family room and it's starting to behave a little weird. Every so often when you change channels, the picture stays on the previous channel but you get the audio from the new channel. Has anybody experienced this?

This has happened a couple of times, and would eventually go away. But then last nite we pulled up a show that we recorded and this time it played the audio from the show but we were left with the green screen from the "List" area. There was nothing in the green screen but that smoke...

Any thoughts?
a dvr is a computer, and no matter how good the software, periodically they need to be refreshed. i don't have to worry about it where i live, power goes out all by itself a couple times a month, but if you have a stable power grid you might want to turn it off (unplug it for over two minutes) and then back on every couple of months . . if this provides no improvement, then you have a hardware problem and should generate a service call with DTV

slazzy said:

Any thoughts?

i had the same exact problems with a previous R10. D* swapped it out for a DSR 708. sounds like you might have gotten the one i returned :eek: :shocked

D* stated it was a switching problem.

i had all kinds of problems, sent back 2 brand new DVR's. direct tv support sucked. finally after my own research went out and bought a new (POWERD) multi-switch...threw the Zinwell in the garbage...solved all my weird problems......(so far) :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)