RaveHD questions and comments...

theph0xx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
I still dont have my Voom yet (t-minus 10 days and counting) but I've checked out the listings for Rave and have noticed that they play "music videos" in certain blocks. For those of you already enjoying your Voom, what kind of music are they showing? recent or past artists? big names or just smaller 1 hit wonders? are these upconverts or true HD transfers?

My other question is on the concerts. How are they so far? Good sound and PQ? Honestly, I think this is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most with my Voom. Between the concerts on Voom and the concerts on PBS I imagine I'll have lots to see and hear. I really hope they are adding concerts as fast as they can.

I think ive seen hank williams jr, and cheap trick, beyonce, lyle lovett, sheryl Crow in concert on that channel but I really dont watch videos.

The videos are pretty much mainstream pop artists with some rock and R&B mixed in for good measure. Also, sometimes they play a song from one of the soundstage concerts as a video. All are 100% "produced for high definition" and in 5.1 surround. Very good SQ and PQ IMO.

I've seen a few country songs in there too. They need more variety to the videos though. They should get a larger library and do themed blocks of videos... Country hour, R&B, Rock, etc, mixing in their live videos in the properly themed category. I can't stand to sit through a country song in hopes of seeing another video I might like. With themed blocks, even if I don't like a song, I can usually sit through it.

I still have not seen the Neil Young video that my friend claims to have seen.

He doesn't know crap about young but described the stage setup of his recent tour so I know a Young video exists out there.

Maybe they took it out of the rotation.

Sometimes in the 5 minutes slot after showing a concert they'll show a single clip from several other Soundstage performances.

The Jammies, Willie Nelson & Farm Aid are 3 other really good concerts they air.

theph0xx said:
I still dont have my Voom yet (t-minus 10 days and counting) but I've checked out the listings for Rave and have noticed that they play "music videos" in certain blocks. For those of you already enjoying your Voom, what kind of music are they showing? recent or past artists? big names or just smaller 1 hit wonders? are these upconverts or true HD transfers?

My other question is on the concerts. How are they so far? Good sound and PQ? Honestly, I think this is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most with my Voom. Between the concerts on Voom and the concerts on PBS I imagine I'll have lots to see and hear. I really hope they are adding concerts as fast as they can.

as a colleger i doubt if you will find anything that u want to watch on ravehd. unless u dont mind seeing 2 videos from each genre.

babyj said:
as a colleger i doubt if you will find anything that u want to watch on ravehd. unless u dont mind seeing 2 videos from each genre.

do u mean because there is such a limited amount of videos? or because the genres would not appeal to me?

if you were referring to what kind of music then I'll disagree with you :p
I really enjoy all kinds of music present or past. From looking at a few of the concerts that have been broadcast I would watch anything from Willie Nelson to Beyonce to Sheryl Crow to Wilco to Cheap Trick!

I love to laze around on the couch in the evenings cruising the net w/ some sort of moderate distraction on the TV, sipping a newcastle ;)

I think that RaveHD will fit that moderate distraction gap perfectly!

Voom HD Original Webpages online

ESPN-HD: The Memorial Tournament PGA Golf 2nd Round 4pm EST Today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)