Raw format setup

wtrfrdbob

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
hi I'm new here I found a lot of helpful stuff...i wonder if anyone can explain the raw format option in time trax....it seems to me that raw would be the form in which it is received from xm or Sirius and that the format (sample rate byte size etc are already defined) am I missing something?...also if it is raw then how do u decode it?

wtrfrdbob said:
hi I'm new here I found a lot of helpful stuff...i wonder if anyone can explain the raw format option in time trax....it seems to me that raw would be the form in which it is received from xm or Sirius and that the format (sample rate byte size etc are already defined) am I missing something?...also if it is raw then how do u decode it?

I have never tried, but I could think that it would be required to use a audio editing program to decode the PCM into another format - thats assuming Time Trax is calling RAW the somewhat uncompressed audio stream that PCM is in Windows.

On the other hand, remember, Time Trax only encodes from the LINE-IN of the Computers sound card, which means, that the SatTuner has already converted the stream to an analog format and the Time Trax app is just helping you decide which format to encode in for easy storage and use.

I hope when TT gets back from Vegas they start back here in the forum right away.

i have installed in the xm receiver a kit which taps into the digital output before the a/d converter and then this feeds via fireroptic cable into optical input on sound card...i was hoping that that was what the raw setting would capture

wtrfrdbob said:
i have installed in the xm receiver a kit which taps into the digital output before the a/d converter and then this feeds via fireroptic cable into optical input on sound card...i was hoping that that was what the raw setting would capture

I maybe incorrect, however, all you are doing is allowing your computer to do the AD for you (the sound card) Somewhere its getting converted to Analog. So, I am not sure Time Trax actually records the RAW output in the form you are looking for.

I hope someone from the Time Trax Support staff talks about this a little more.

that same thing occurred to me after i made the post...i if that is so then all I'm gaining is the use sound blasters d/a converter instead of the one in the xm box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)