RC66RX Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hutch is correct, the only remote that works in RF mode with the HR44 (and, correct me if I'm wrong) and the C41 is the RC71 (Which I really don't like.. just a personal note).

Here's wondering if D* will decide to also offer another remote to work these new units ... If they would open up the frequencies, they could allow both the old and the new to work in RF.

Hi all,

Does the model rc66rx remote work in rf mode with genie hr44?

Thanks

I have two RC66RBX's for my HR-44 whole home DVR and it works just fine. The only difference between this and the RC66RX remote is that it is also RF and backlit. From my knowledge they both will work with the 44. Otherwise the person of whom I ordered my remotes would have told me different as I ordered over the phone. (Was looking at both.) Why not get the RC66RBX instead? It's even better.

I have two RC66RBX's for my HR-44 whole home DVR and it works just fine. The only difference between this and the RC66RX remote is that it is also RF and backlit. From my knowledge they both will work with the 44. Otherwise the person of whom I ordered my remotes would have told me different as I ordered over the phone. (Was looking at both.) Why not get the RC66RBX instead? It's even better.

Your remote will work fine in IR mode.

Works fine for me.

Try the following:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

If it controls your HR44, the remote was NEVER in RF mode to begin with.

Remember the Hr44 accepts both IR & RF at the same time, RF from Rc71, and IR from any Directv remote set to correct IR code, like the default codeset 00001.

The rc66 series remotes will work with any receiver in it mode. The hr44 and c41/c41w will work with any remote in ir mode. But the 4x series boxes will Only work with rc71 remotes in rf mode.

End of story. It's a hardware incompatibility that prevents this. I'm an inhouse tech if it were possible I'd tell ya.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Didn't really know much of the difference between IR and RF but looked it up. You guys are right my remote only works in IR. I still have my Genie Remotes but still like my RC66RBX ones better.

Didn't really know much of the difference between IR and RF but looked it up. You guys are right my remote only works in IR. I still have my Genie Remotes but still like my RC66RBX ones better.

Your remote is RF capable also, but not for hr-44's. Difference is, on RF u don't need line of sight to control the receiver as suppose to IR, you need to point and shoot.

Your remote is RF capable also, but not for hr-44's. Difference is, on RF u don't need line of sight to control the receiver as suppose to IR, you need to point and shoot.

I know that. It is called a Universal RF Remote. But I learned the difference between IR and RF recently online. This one only works in IR mode for my HR-44.

This seems to be the only draw back of the HR44 compared to the HR34.

No doubt that the biggest drawback to the HR44 is having to use that POS "peanut remote" to get RF. Really can't believe DirecTV let this crap out the door without a workaround back to the larger remote. I have 3 Tv's hooked to my HR44 and watch in the dark often. No backlit remote as well as a remote that is hard to find buttons is just wrong. Please DirecTV, give me a backlit, oldstyle, whiteface remote that works RF on my HR44

No doubt that the biggest drawback to the HR44 is having to use that POS "peanut remote" to get RF. Really can't believe DirecTV let this crap out the door without a workaround back to the larger remote. I have 3 Tv's hooked to my HR44 and watch in the dark often. No backlit remote as well as a remote that is hard to find buttons is just wrong. Please DirecTV, give me a backlit, oldstyle, whiteface remote that works RF on my HR44

I'm waiting on this, not expecting anything soon though.

Once that happens I will seriously consider getting a 44.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)