Rca Wireless Phone Jack Blues

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
I bought some RC926 wireless phone jacks and hook them up today. I wanted to connect the receiver in the living room to a phone line for ordering PPV. Anyway, it don't work. The Dish Diagnostics said Phone Connection OK, but it fails to dial out. I can hear the modem dial and make noise like a old dial-up connection on the phone line but it fails to connect. Anyone had this problem? I am guessing the RC926's may not support the modem for Dish receivers? This is a 311 receiver.

I use PhoneX wireless Modem jacks and have no problem. Dish sells these on there website.

Some wireless Phone jacks are not designed for Modem use. Look on the package or Instructions to see if your model are for modem use.

Ray_Air said:
I bought some RC926 wireless phone jacks and hook them up today. I wanted to connect the receiver in the living room to a phone line for ordering PPV. Anyway, it don't work. The Dish Diagnostics said Phone Connection OK, but it fails to dial out. I can hear the modem dial and make noise like a old dial-up connection on the phone line but it fails to connect. Anyone had this problem? I am guessing the RC926's may not support the modem for Dish receivers? This is a 311 receiver.

I found it cheaper and more reliable to just run some CAT 5 over to the receiver. I think those plug-in jacks cost close to $50 a pair. Wire is only a couple of dollars and is always going to work:)

I have mine working. I couldn't pull cat 5 over to where I needed it and the house was finished before I could add cable.

Couple of hints. Make sure you are not plugging them into any kind of power strip, surge protector, or UPS, etc. They work by making "noise" on the electrical line and those types of products filter out the signal.

Also, every so often you will have to simply unplug them for a few seconds, and then plug them back in to reset them. Any type of thunderstorm may cause them to go dark until you reset them.

Also I don't know if you can check but its best if you put them all on the same phase of your house wireing. If your breaker panel is split in half, left and right, try to make sure the transmitter/receiver are on circuits that are on the same side. Sometimes they won't work across the phase.

I have been using an RCA 930 wireless, modem jack plugged directly into a surge protector for over a year without any problems. I bought it on Ebay for under $30.

Maybe you need a modem jack instead of just a phone jack?

Good luck!

I gave up and sold the wireless phone jacks back on Ebay. They worked for phones, but my Dish receiver couldnt use them. It said "connection OK" in diagnostics, but the dial-out always failed. I gave up and drilled a hole to the basement under my entertainment center and ran the phone line to a jack in the basement- works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)