Real Westerns

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I talked to someone who has contact with Patrick Stewart (Son of John Wayne). He wanted me to direct you to a really good interview Patrick did about his father . Scroll down the list of interviews in the window and look for Patrick Wayne. MODA Productions | Radio | ICONS Radio Hour | MODA Entertainment

Also check out the Hugh O'Brain interview. O'Brain tells the story about the one he told us all back in 1992 about The Duke demanding a change to the end of the story in The Shootist. And getting it.

Last edited:
AcWxRADAR

Any chance the radio station is being fed by any of the radio feeds that our receivers pickup on blind scans?
I personally have never checked what they are, but I probably have 1-200 listed on the scans

Bama1

Yesterday USA used to be on KU satellite FTA until the organization needed to cut costs. Sadly the satellite feed had to go. They have a low bitrate Internet stream that might work with your dial-up service.

http://www.yesterdayusa.com/

NetFlix

I just signed up for Netflix. Anyone else use this service?

So far I think it is great! I am ordering lots of Westerns that I haven't seen in a long time.

I went to IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) and searched for the top 50 movies of each genre and the top 250 movies of all time (according to their records) as well as the top 50 movies from each decade going back to the 30's.

I am working on these lists to determine what to order from Netflix.

Obviously, this isn't satellite TV, but I must have my western TV fix and I am finding some new movies to view.

RADAR

I signed up for Netflix also--it is a great complement to FTA for $8.99 a month I can watch all the steaming movies I want on-demand--- plus get a DVD sent in the mail-- I am averaging about 3 DVD's week depending on how fast the mail get the DVD's sent back an forth.

I thought that there may have been streaming or buffering issues but no problems there-- I use Windows Media Center to watch the movies-- I also have a PC Remote for full remote functions.

I just signed up for Netflix. Anyone else use this service?

So far I think it is great! I am ordering lots of Westerns that I haven't seen in a long time.

I went to IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) and searched for the top 50 movies of each genre and the top 250 movies of all time (according to their records) as well as the top 50 movies from each decade going back to the 30's.

I am working on these lists to determine what to order from Netflix.

Obviously, this isn't satellite TV, but I must have my western TV fix and I am finding some new movies to view.

RADAR

I also signed up for Netflix after reading a post here several months ago. I mentioned it quite some time ago. I also bought a BluRay player so I could stream direct to the TV. I really believe this is the PERFECT add on to FTA. I am planning on buying a second BluRay player for the bedroom so we can watch movies in the bedroom where we do most of our TV watching.

With Netflix as soon as they receive your DVD they send the next movie in your Queue, and since our distro center is Las Vegas, we get movies a day earlier than their email alerts tell us we will receive them, we get three movies a week.

Lately we have been on an "MI-5" kick. Great TV from our cousins across the pond. Plus all the Westerns you could want.

Photto

This! Tv has some good obscure westerns. Tomorrow night: Chuck Connors aka the Rifleman as Geronimo!

I see that quite a few of you are using the Netflix service as well. This is really a great add-on to FTA, better than DISH NETWORK or DirecTV in some cases.

I guess that my interests are more in the obscure movies that aren't played OTA or via any of the sats (DISH or DirecTV) too often anymore. There are a few channels that are good for oldies (and westerns) like TCM. Wish we could buy them ala-carte.

I have a personal movie policy: If the movie is brand new, I won't watch it until it is ten years old or older. After then, if the movie is still popular with the masses, then I will rent it and if I think it is good (worthy) I will buy it.

"Now who can argue with that? I think we are indebted to Gabby Johnson, for clearly stating what needed to be said. I'm particularly glad that these lovely children were here today to hear that speach.

Not only was it authentic frontier jibberish, it expressed a courage little seen in this day and age.

What are we made of? Our fathers came across the prairie. Fought Indians, fought drought, fought locusts, fought dicks.

Remember when Richard Dix came in here and tried to take over this town?

Well, we didn't give up then, and buy gum, we're not goin' to give up now!"

REVEREND!

Ha Ha! Ok, what movie is this from?

RADAR

MI-5 or Spooks as it is known in the UK is great. I have most of the DVD's and just started watching the new 9th season last week
I believe we are up to the 5th season, but the first disc in that series is 'very long wait' Bummer so they have skipped forward and we aren't getting ANY more (I guess) until they send that, or I move THAT disc to the bottom of our queue.

Photto

Well I gave up and went to the download route after A&E and BBC America refused to show anything past the 4th season. The 4th season ended up being shown in an all day marathon on A&E before they went to the reality fare they have now.

I have an affection for UK, Australian and Canadian shows that never get shown in the US. I have a friend from the UK that retired from American Airlines and flies back to the UK every 4 to 6 months. He usually picks up a stack of dvd's for me, to bring me up to date on several shows. My mom's side of the family is mostly Canadian, so I get dvd's from them too. Australian shows are the hardest to get.

It's been a while I believe you are in for some really interesting story lines and changes in Series 5 and 6

Best western of all time!

You know, I absolutely LOVE True Grit and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, both are the top rated westerns... they are iconic, but in my own opinion, "The Cowboys" is much better. There is just so much involved in this movie about real life that it has to be the best movie, western or drama, that could ever have been made, PERIOD! Unfortunately, it does not get rated the same. I believe it should be the rated as the absolute BEST western ever made and probably John Wayne's best work.

Even though the Duke is killed in this one, the way he goes is perfect for his lifetime character, he becomes the martyr, a father figure and a hero.

This isn't a kid's movie, it isn't an adult movie, it is a people movie, it is a man's movie! It is the most classic western of all time (judged by me). This movie is so good, that you can forget that it IS a movie, it seems more like real life. It includes everything you could ever imagine. I cannot begin to list the things that are so great about this movie, you just have to watch it and get into it with your heart. Rent it sometime and watch it by yourself, alone, with a flask of good whiskey and a good cigar. Don't let the kids interrupt you, turn your phone OFF.. You need to watch this movie from start to finish with no distractions. If you have never seen it before, you will love it. If you have, you should see it again and again! You probably will.

It is the most well written, well scripted, well directed, well casted and well acted movie that I have ever seen. I cannot say it is my absolute favorite, I have many of those, but if I had to rate every movie of every genre, this one would get the highest marks in every aspect.

Here is a clip...

YouTube - Great Moments in Speech Therapy

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)