Really Confused on 2nd Account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
good point damaged. but he might be able to tell the csr's a little white lie (like ``you have been so helpful, i would like to deal with you again in the future, could i get your id number?'') to get the info. not that i advocate lying. but sometimes being really nice might be beneficial in the long run.

but i am anxious to hear how this turns out!!

FavreJL04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah...I can't wait to see if DTV will knowingly violate the terms of their own contract.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Sorry to prolong this cliffhanger but... during all of the confusion of my first call seems as though the csr when she had to "redo" my order, cancelled not only the original install but also the one that se "redid". Bottom line is I called again and scheduled for Friday morning. When I looked on the net 30 minutes later I did not see the install date on there so I ...called again. The new csr, a women also, thats four in a row now couldn't find the install that I just attempted to make 30 minutes ago. I asked her to check a different phine number, the one at the office, and there it was. I then asked that even though the install is listed under another number, is it still under my account number, the one that I have had for over a decade. The answer was yes, the same account. So nothing more to report except it is now scheduled for Friday. Stay tuned...

FavreJL04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 14, 2006
Can we see this scenario live on CBS during the day?

Just kidding...sure seems like it could fit in the daytime slot though.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Well today is the day....Did look on the website and looked at the "orders" and saw this scheduled for today....... Relocate existing DVR IRD. woth the charges $99 and the something like 19.99 for shipping etc. Now on my activity they did charge and then credit the $99 but charged me for the S/H which i was not going to complain about. Well, sometime this morning. Later.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
The saga continues. The installer shows up. This is a large building, 3 retail shops below, bank, etc. 8 offices/apartments above. Cable comes into a lock box and then is wired into each individual apartment. No problems, he will install the dish on the roof, run it to the cable box and plug it into the cable that leads to my place. One problem, did I mention the "lockbox". The box is owned by the building but the lanlord does not have a key. I guess I have to call Time Warner and either get them to open it or get a key. Will do that and make another appointment with D*. One more thing that I didn't think about. No deal breaker but, seems there is only 1 cambe leading to each apartment. The DVR from Time Warner somehow is able to have 2 tuners coming from 1 cable so you can record 2 shows at once. I assume that the D* DVR does not work this way so I am again assuming no 2 tuners. Is this correct with the new DVRs? Will live with it if thats the case. Gonna call Time Warner about the lockbox, should be a fun call.

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
The saga continues. The installer shows up. This is a large building, 3 retail shops below, bank, etc. 8 offices/apartments above. Cable comes into a lock box and then is wired into each individual apartment. No problems, he will install the dish on the roof, run it to the cable box and plug it into the cable that leads to my place. One problem, did I mention the "lockbox". The box is owned by the building but the lanlord does not have a key. I guess I have to call Time Warner and either get them to open it or get a key. Will do that and make another appointment with D*. One more thing that I didn't think about. No deal breaker but, seems there is only 1 cambe leading to each apartment. The DVR from Time Warner somehow is able to have 2 tuners coming from 1 cable so you can record 2 shows at once. I assume that the D* DVR does not work this way so I am again assuming no 2 tuners. Is this correct with the new DVRs? Will live with it if thats the case. Gonna call Time Warner about the lockbox, should be a fun call.

Yeah, unless you have stackers/destackers will need 2 lines for dual tuners. Future should be interesting as there is a piece of hardware that should be better solution to stacking. Can't find the link but I think the HR20 will be the only one that could use this new hardware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)