Really starting to like the 922

mopee3

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 2, 2009
washington
When I bit the bullet and cancelled the order for the 722k last Thursday to order the 922, I wondered if I would regret the decision.

Nope. It has been 3 days in operation and so far this receiver has lived up to my expectations and more. Sling works: upstairs, downstairs, at the office, the search feature is great, the speed of the receiver is amazing compared to my 622, only thing it doesn't do is access TV2 via it's own remote. But according to Scott and Dish tech support, this too will happen, maybe. I am willing to wait for a separate remote so really when you want “Dish” cutting edge technology what other choice do I have. I am going to change the main TV for a 65” Panny which will have internet capabilities ;)so then Sling and it’s virtual remote will help in that direction.

Thanks Scott for the encouragement, love the new receiver.:up

Moe

Koilvr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2008
In a house
Why would you even do a virtual remote on ur 65 for your 922? You do know you can have more then 1 dish remote on the 922 at the same time?

mopee3

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 2, 2009
washington
Why would you even do a virtual remote on ur 65 for your 922? You do know you can have more then 1 dish remote on the 922 at the same time?

I understand that but the physical remote (one is on the way from Dish) won't change TV2 at this time.....right? That would be like my 662/722K.

Another question for sling people, does sling always go through Dish's servers?

Being a suspicious person I am not crazy about login in on to Dish website to see TV2 offsite: office, upstairs, etc.

Moe

skew

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 24, 2008
You can use a tv2 remote just switch the tag on the remote to tv2 and when you have a sling stream running it works all tv2 functions and when the sling stops then it becomes tv 1 automatically.

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
You can use a tv2 remote just switch the tag on the remote to tv2 and when you have a sling stream running it works all tv2 functions and when the sling stops then it becomes tv 1 automatically.

So really I could un-sync the remote one remote I got with the box, flip the tab, re-synced it again and it will still do all the TV 1 functions, but when TV2 is activated with Sling I can use that instead. That's exactly what I wanted a 2nd remote for.

skew

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 24, 2008
You dont even have to resync the remote it just flip the tv1/2 card on the bottom of the remote over its that easy :) you can get another dish remote and run it in ir mode for your tv1 all of the time or buy another 32 remote if you want uhf remotes for tv 1 and 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)