Reasonably priced Laptop

Well, I ended up returning the ASUS ROG that I had purchased because Dell has decided to replace my laptop that their tech messed up. If what they sent me is not very good I can always buy again.
The ASUS was good but really heavy. I'm not sure I would purchase that model if I ended up having to purchase again.

Well, I ended up returning the ASUS ROG that I had purchased because Dell has decided to replace my laptop that their tech messed up. If what they sent me is not very good I can always buy again.
The ASUS was good but really heavy. I'm not sure I would purchase that model if I ended up having to purchase again.
How heavy are you talking ?
If you look at the specs, many different weights among the brands out there, in each brand as well.
For example, not all Asus laptops are the same weight.
Look around. :)

At this point I am not shopping because the replacement they sent me is ok so there is no reason to spend money. They sent me an xps 15 9530, i7 4702HQ, 16 gb ram, nvidia gt 750M, 3200x1800 res, 512 ssd, So far I find no problems. It weighs about 5.5 lbs vs nearly 10 lbs for the ASUS.. It took a month of fighting but I think they did ok. Only time will tell.

That is an awesome laptop. Has very good benchmark on the processor and plenty of memory. The SSD is a big plus as well. Looks like all the specs are good. They treated you right on that. Should serve you well for a while.

I haven't been disappointed with the system in any way. I guess it was worth fighting the fight :) I think they did the SSD because I had dual 7200 rpm drives in my original system and told them I would not accept 5400 rpm drives or an i7 from the U line.

Reactions: navychop
At this point I am not shopping because the replacement they sent me is ok so there is no reason to spend money. They sent me an xps 15 9530, i7 4702HQ, 16 gb ram, nvidia gt 750M, 3200x1800 res, 512 ssd, So far I find no problems. It weighs about 5.5 lbs vs nearly 10 lbs for the ASUS.. It took a month of fighting but I think they did ok. Only time will tell.
The Asus I got was about 5lbs.
10lbs is MASSIVE ...
Sounds like what they sent you is very nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts