Rebooting on broadcast channel

neimand

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
When I first scanned my Voom channels...WFOR-DT 4.1(CBS MIAMI FL)
came in with excellent clarity.Now,it has taken to rebooting every time I
go to it.This action is the same as reported with some PBS stations.Has anyone run into a broadcast channel doing this?I have another CBS
station,but WFOR's signal is stronger.(The other is 10 miles closer,but can just fade away to no reception at all).:confused:

....Has anyone run into a broadcast channel doing this?I have another CBS station,but WFOR's signal is stronger.(The other is 10 miles closer,but can just fade away to no reception at all).:confused:
Yup, see this thread -

at WinnFreeNet.com Forums-viewtopic-Voom 550 Factory Reset Accident

But tell me, does your other CBS station have the same problem or is it okay? I'm going to give my other CBS station a shot as soon as I get on my roof and turn my antenna (probably today).

BTW, my problem just started last Wednesday and I'd been watching that station since January this year with no issues (that's when I went digital OTA w/ Voom).

CBS stations

T-Max,thanks for the reply and reference to post at winnfreenet.
Anyhow,CBS Miami was clear and at 94% when I first scanned.(3 weeks ago when I got the Voom receiver.)I since put the antenna outside and
picked up another weaker CBS channel.Scanned,but wouldn't stay locked.
You said"my problem just started last Wednesday".That's when I started
having the problem,also.If it happens to the other CBS stations,I wonder
if we can bitch at them?:(

Hello everyone, Im from Los Angeles California and I am experiencing the same reboot problem on CBS channel 2........It has something to do with datacasting and I fear that all other channels will follow....... I went out and purchased the samsung 260 HD OTA for 169.00 dollars and it work great pulling in all station better than the Voom STB...I think the Voom box will soon become useless because there is no way to update the software.....Check out the samsung tuner it even gives you program guide and lots of other feature the Voom STB lacks.

neimand -

Try your CBS channel again now. I just tried mine and it is no longer causing my box to reboot! Yipee!

steve -

I assume that you are referring to the Samsung H260F. I'm very interested in that box but I don't think I'm getting one just yet. I think the price will come down before too much longer even tho' you can get one on ebay right now for well under $100 total (if you're patient and somewhat lucky).

I just got the older Samsung TS360 box on ebay yesterday and it should be arriving later this week. That one is now pretty cheap on ebay and I got mine for $35 total. I got it primarily to overcome this CBS datacasting problem, but now it seems they may have resolved it themselves.

So give your local CBS station a shot with your Vooms and see if things aren't back to normal now. :)

Hi everyone....... I just tried the Voom STB on Channel 2 here in Los Angeles California...... It is still rebooting........as of 11.55 am PST

I want to confirm that at this moment in Los Angeles California this evening 7.30 PM PST......Channel 2 CBS is still rebooting with The VOOM STB......Is anyone else having the same problem in other cities?

rebooting

I want to confirm that at this moment in Los Angeles California this evening 7.30 PM PST......Channel 2 CBS is still rebooting with The VOOM STB......Is anyone else having the same problem in other cities?

Yup!!WFOR-DT 4.1(CBS MIAMI FL)reboots my Voom every time.I'm
able to pull in the other local CBS station(just barely):mad:

techno
It seems the issue is with CBS when the station is owned by Viacom (O&O)..my local CBS (WCCO Minneapolis) does the same thing. Makes the Voom box reboot.

Its the PSIP info they are sending...sadly its a known issue across all the CBS O&O stations

rebooting on Voom

My other CBS station (Ch 12)WPB is rebooting now.I called them today
and found out they just started HD broadcasting.The person that I had
to speak with was out today......I have to call back to see if I can get info.

:confused::mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts