Recent Major Problems with TimeTrax 1.8

stxboy

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I searched the archive and couldn't find anything on this problem.

1. Attempting to load the Timer Schedule completely locks up my XP machine requiring a hard reboot. I make every attempt to guard against viruses and spyware so I don't think there's a problem there.

2. The Channel Listing will not load. I am able to listen to and record using my presets.

Anyone else having a similar problem? If so, any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated including a roll-back to a previous version if appropriate.

1.8 had been working just fine as recently as 3 weeks ago.

WHY - WHY - WHY are people still running 1.8 when its been know that its more of a peice of garbage than the 3.x versions were?

I would suggest trying to run 3.2, give up whatever 1.8Recast is doing for you and have at least somthing stable.

Otherwise - I apologize for the rant.

If Recast is being unstable - I would try:

1. Backing up registry keys
2. Backing up install directory
3. Uninstalling software
4. uninstalling registry keys.
5. re-installing 1.8

and try it all over again as if it were a new install.

Sorry I don't have much more to offer.

I just installed 1.8 on a W2K machine, so I don't have experience with it yet, and I don't have XP. I ran 1.7 all the time though, just fine.

I thought the version 3 didn't allow the lesser compression ratios, beyond 128Kbps or uncompressed wav files. I don't know, I jumped on the TT raft about 8 months before it sank, so all I could run was Recast versions, with the constant internet calling.

Got rid of 1.8

Your instructions and recommendations were spot on! 3.2 works like a charm unlike the bug-invested TimeTrax 1.8

Your instructions and recommendations were spot on! 3.2 works like a charm unlike the bug-invested TimeTrax 1.8

Very glad it got working for you.

For the record;

1. Back Up TT registry Keys
2. Uninstall 1.x
3. Re-install 1.8 Recast
4. register 1.8 Recast
5. locate 3.x (regular Time Trax)
6. Install it to a seperate directory.
7. Launch it
8. (optional) back up all registry keys again (you never know when 1.8 might not register again due to their servers being brought down for whatever reason)

I wouldn't use 1.x Recast because of the phone home features that sometimes seem to ruin recordings because it cannot phone home. (RETARDED ButtHoles)
So - yes - you give up some functions available in 1.x that are not in 3.x. I am not sure how good functions are when you don't get something recorded because TT couldn't phone home and make sure your installation was legit.

Good Luck !

I have a very good working version of 1.8 running - but I'm concerned about the Phone_Home issue - does anyone have a copy of 3.x installed (XP-PRO) as well? Yes, I know you can only run at a time - does 3.x require a reg # from TT to function? I remember using 3.x a while back and upgraded to 1.8 without a problem/crash/freeze etc. Probably one of only a few with a working version of 1.8.

I would install the 3.x as an experiment, but I don't want to loose the 1.8 version.

There is a thread specifically on this. If the validation server is still operational when you install the legacy TT with Recast existing it will register 3.x under the previous registration code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts