Status
Please reply by conversation.

maestro7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Just in from Phillip Swann...

http://tvanswerman.com/2016/03/16/update-can-you-record-directvs-4k-channel/

No actual details have been released yet. However, as previously noted, if uncompressed 4K equates to 500GB per one hour of content, then even at a compressed rate it doesn't seem (on the face of it) to be worth it to record 4K at this point, as you'll have to have a significant portion of your DVR reserved for one show, and maybe not even an entire show.

We'll see.

Yes, you will be able to record it - using a reverse Band LNB-But only able to play it in 4K is viewing it through WHole home - From a C61K attached to a 4K TV.

Starting in April 2016

I have 11 hours HD and about 5 hours 40 minutes of 4K recorded on the HR54 internal drive and still have 87% free.

I have 11 hours HD and about 5 hours 40 minutes of 4K recorded on the HR54 internal drive and still have 87% free.
Wow. That's some serious 4K compression.

Any idea what the ratio is for that kind of compression? Almost sounds like a greater than 80% reduction, assuming 500GB/hour uncompressed. I also can't imagine they're putting in more than a couple of terabyte drive in the device.

I recorded some of the Golf Test and it recorded fine.

I was watching channel 104 last night and they had an interview with Joe Jonas on and the picture looked great but still had a lot of stutter. I hope they fix the C61K soon so it displays 60 fps instead of 24.

Reactions: Hideftv
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts