Ref: HD Network Feeds

Bountykiller

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Okay Guys, we need to start a complaints petition or something towards Dish... I am getting more than a little fed up that Dish has not added BASIC HD channels like Fox HD, ABC HD, NBC HD, PBS HD etc... I checked Expressvu the Canadian services site today and notice that Canada can get American national HD feeds before Dishnet can.. What is wrong with this picture, they re-brodcast US Based Networks in HD in Canada, and not here!!!!????? Also DirecTV has them.. I know dish has MPEG4 on the chalk board (it might happen at some point this decade) and a lack of bandwidth (Excluding the new 129 slot and the rest of 61.5 doing nothing really) But, seriously whats their best excuse as to why they cant even offer the basics... I subscribe to all the HD they have and i have to Say that Voom while being awesome initially is nothing but repeats and therefore is a little bit of a waste of money!

Dish, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... get us network HD feeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least be competitive! I got the usual mumbo Jumbo from Dish when I wrote them about the topic last time.. they never give a clean answer, rather they give this propoganda crap out about how they are the leaders in HD etc etc etc... !!! :)

Sigh... How disapponting to realize that all other carriers have these basic channels! :)

-Bounty

The problem is that there's VERY few people that would be allowed to receive those HD feeds.

This has been extensively covered MANY times, most recently here: [thread=82425]Locals & HD, Is this Possible?[/thread]

The search button is your friend. :cool:

Pretty much just those in the O&O markets and the white areas (which are WAY less than there used to be due to all the local markets being added over the last 5 years).

That being said, I'm in the NYC local and would love for them to be added as most of us in NJ are placed in either NYC or Philly markets which will get us the feeds.....

maybe america needs to speak up and petition the FCC. I don't want to go back 50 years in time and have to put up an ugly 30 foot antenna on my roof, just to receive local broadcasts. And I sure as hell am not going back to basic cable.

Is there way to change channels on ch 100 menu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts