Refusing 2nd Joey for a 2H/1J configuration?

TimA

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 5, 2012
Midwest
Programming is a bit important to me too. And strangely it's the music that is pretty compelling. My family has two Sirius lifetime subscriptions and we listen to our current (crappy) mix of music stations from our cable provider quite a bit. I'd love to have SiriusXM's lineup available through the home theater.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
I thought trolling was not allowed, even from staff members.
This goes beyond trolling...it's spamming...selling D* in the E* forum. :mad:

What's infuriating is he used to be a valuable member of this site.

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
dare2be said:
This goes beyond trolling...it's spamming...selling D* in the E* forum. :mad:

What's infuriating is he used to be a valuable member of this site.

Was a valuable member. He should be banned. His Dish store can kiss the south end of my north bound Hopper!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

isaacmorseMI

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 5, 2009
Southwest Michigan
stimpson said:
Was a valuable member. He should be banned. His Dish store can kiss the south end of my north bound Hopper!!!!!!

I don't understand why he sells Dish, but does everything to bad mouth every little thing.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Forum Runner

TimA

Apr 5, 2012
Midwest
Just to provide an update on the original question... the very first Dish CSR that I chatted with involved his supervisor, and I suppose the leverage I bring as a new customer was enough for them to place a special order for 2 hoppers and 1 joey. They did mention along the way that it was a little difficult to pull off on their end, but I guess not impossible (or so they said). The process beginning to end did take a very long time. Ultimately the second hopper cost me $199 up front, but I'm OK with that given the extra flexibility it brings us and how we think we'll use it. Installation is scheduled for the 14th, so we'll see what happens then. Appreciate everyone's contribution to the discussion.

sparc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 24, 2006
if the tech calls to confirm, make sure everything matches up on the workorder. If it turns out that the real work order shows 1 Hopper and 1 Joey, it might take some time for the tech to fix over the phone.

At least that way any errors are caught before he even shows up.

TimA

Apr 5, 2012
Midwest
Got a confirmation email only moments ago that has this in it, which is encouraging:

CORRESPONDING RECEIVER(S) TO BE INSTALLED
1 Whole Home DVR Service
2 Receiver Hopper
1 Receiver Joey

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Got a confirmation email only moments ago that has this in it, which is encouraging:

CORRESPONDING RECEIVER(S) TO BE INSTALLED
1 Whole Home DVR Service
2 Receiver Hopper
1 Receiver Joey

Yes, looks like your good to go! You will like the set up!!

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2003
Is he still a site paid sponsor? If so I think he still be allow to try to sell and talk people into buying Along as he puts a disclaimer after every post that he is is a retailer. Not just a disclaimer in sig line either. Actually needs to type it

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
I can do a deal through the Dishstore with an HR24 and an HR34 for $200 upfront with $125 cash back in form of a rebate.

That beats the socks off the Hopper solution.

All you have to do is read the HR34 threads in the DirectTV section of this forum and you will happily pick a 2 Hopper + Joey(s) set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)