reluctant and uninformed installers

elocs said:
Voom needs to weed out these bad installers. I wonder how many of them are perfectly willing to do a shoddy Voom installation in order to eventually sell a Dish or DTV installation to the customer and make more money? Voom offers a high quality service--more hd than anybody else has to offer.
The installer is probably the only representative of Voom that the customer will ever meet face to face, so the installation needs to be done well and professionally with respect for the customer. Voom's numbers are still too small and so they need to stand out in customer service and satisfaction.
That will go a long way towards increasing their subscriber numbers.

If all the customer would report these tech to Installs Inc when they try to sell the other service they would no longer work for them all you have to do is call and asked for the field manager in your area and let him know what they are doing.

I install for all the Sat. company"s but when i go to install i represent the company that i am installing for at the time even though i could get a kickback if i sold the D* i don't try if i am not install the D* to that customer.

Oh God! I have the same installer coming to do my VOOM setup on the 24 as did Bookwalk. He called tonite to confirm appointment and I could tell he is going to be trouble. I mentioned a few things and I could tell he was not open to any suggestions. I have been doing satellite install since the days of C-Band. If I can install that I sure as h*** can do VOOM. He insisted that I had to use the diplexers when I told him I had already run the cable to where the box will sit. I called VOOM and the CSR told me I did not have to use them. Please Lord, give me the patience to deal with this guy! To top it off he tells me that DISH bought out VOOM and that I would not get an OTA antenna upgrade b/c they weren't doing that anymore. That is a downright lie b/c the CSR told me I could get one if needed. When I told him that DISH only bought a satellite and some other assets he immediately got defensive about that as well. What should I do? Cancel the install? Can anyone with any clout give me some suggestions on this? I know I could do the install myself if I could just get the OK from VOOM when dealing with issues down the road. CALL FOR HELP!!!!! Where's Leo Laporte when you need him!!!

Again, let me suggest your concerns on VOOM/Yahoo. My guess is that once Wilt sees these problems/concerns there will be one less installer doing shoddy work for VOOM/Installs, Inc.

And TYORK always seems to know who to contact or what to do. Take her advice.

And it is still to dry-7 more days of cloudless skies-in Seattle but still VOOMing, Gill

TYORK said:
If all the customer would report these tech to Installs Inc when they try to sell the other service they would no longer work for them all you have to do is call and asked for the field manager in your area and let him know what they are doing.

I install for all the Sat. company"s but when i go to install i represent the company that i am installing for at the time even though i could get a kickback if i sold the D* i don't try if i am not install the D* to that customer.

OK, I took your advice and called Voom this morning. I couldn't talk with a field manager, but the csr took my complaint and put it on a form that he said he would forward to the proper person. So, I'll see what happens. There was a person from Voom who contacted me by email because of my post here about this, but I have never been able to get in contact with her despite emailing her twice.

I am calling VOOM again this morning--I was led to believe that it is possible nobody will install here because of the bad start on the install and they will have to try to remedy something someone else started, but I have no email confirming a new work order to install the new receiver--but I need to call to make sure it is of the new vintage anyway. I also have to call for some instant repair to the holes in our house before it rains!

I will leave my comments on what is happening. I do not blame VOOM at all--I will do everyting I can to help their cause in this area of our state, but I really do not want to ever deal with the Installs, Inc, because it was not just the installer, but when I called the number VOOM CSR gave me they started trying to corroborate the lies the installer told about our language to the installer--they picked the wrong person to accuse because we can have 100 or so neighbors, friends, etc to vouch that we NEVER use that type of language he claims we used--I also publish a township newsletter and what a topic to send out to our entire township (some of whom I planned to invite to the VOOM party--but will wait to see how VOOM gets this resolved first).

I can't believe this installer that felt "threatened" by a 5' 2" 60-yr old woman who was asking him why he was installing it in the wrong place, leaving holes, not grounding, not peaking the dish and bad-mouthing VOOM (and now us!).

I have heard privately from another customer in our area who had an unfortunate experience with this same installer and one prospective one who may cancel based on my experience.

Anyone from VOOM in Memphis--there MUST be a way to confirm the serial numbers of units sent to an installer vs what is designated at the time a customer requests a VOOm install--according to the VOOM CSR, I should NOT have gotten an old receiver with S/N 068.... instead of the S/N ....0859.

elocs said:
OK, I took your advice and called Voom this morning. I couldn't talk with a field manager, but the csr took my complaint and put it on a form that he said he would forward to the proper person. So, I'll see what happens. There was a person from Voom who contacted me by email because of my post here about this, but I have never been able to get in contact with her despite emailing her twice.

I am sure she will respond as soon as she get a chance some of the people are getting 100's of email a day so it take time to sort though them all.

Followup from VOOM headquarters

elocs said:

I agree with TYORK. If the person who contacted you my email was Lori, she's the real deal and will get something done for you. Give her a couple of days and then send another "nice" email if you haven't heard from her. Reading this forum and the Yahoo/VOOM forum leads me to believe VOOM is installing systems right and left keeping the whole crew busy.

Enjoying HDTV under a cloud-contrail-in rainless Seattle, Gill

Anyone from VOOM in Memphis--there MUST be a way to confirm the serial numbers of units sent to an installer vs what is designated at the time a customer requests a VOOm install--according to the VOOM CSR, I should NOT have gotten an old receiver with S/N 068.... instead of the S/N ....0859.

i will say this they do sent out certain receiver to be install at that customer at the time of ordering voom but as far as the installer using that certain box is unlikely because in my case i have box arrive at my house everyday so i just grab what every is on top i don't go thought to see where the box are to be install at what customer home i figure as long as its a new box what does it matter. it could take me up to 2 hr or long to go through all the boxes i have to get the right S/n that is assigned to that customer. And i have to say that i have also used deinstalled boxes to get a customer install cause i haven't had new ones as long as i know that there is nothing wrong with the box i see nothing wrong with using them. they are leased anyway. Just like any other company that leases there equipment the use the same equipment over and over. Like the cable company's they take from one house and install that same box in the next they don't give every new customer a new box or remote. So maybe to 068 is a box that they ship to this tech that was a replacement box for service call that is what all of my are that start with that S/N

VOOM Install in SD

TYORK said:
bookwalk ,
did you email you problem to the Regional Manager?

I just did this morning--it was a long one, but detailed all the problems and where we are at this point. I have invited anyone who wants to come out to my house this Friday, Feb 25 -- including other disgruntled customers in the area and prospective customers --

IF it takes place Feb 25--that's what the VOOM CSR told me, but an email from Installs, Inc, said I had to call the installer (same one) for an Install Date. I emailed the installer instead.--OOOOPss--the email I sent him was just returned--the email address sent by Installs, Inc is invalid, so now I guess I have to call him--wonder why his email is no longer functional?

VOOM Install--New vs Old Box

TYORK said:

i will say this they do sent out certain receiver to be install at that customer at the time of ordering voom but as far as the installer using that certain box is unlikely because in my case i have box arrive at my house everyday so i just grab what every is on top i don't go thought to see where the box are to be install at what customer home i figure as long as its a new box what does it matter. it could take me up to 2 hr or long to go through all the boxes i have to get the right S/n that is assigned to that customer. And i have to say that i have also used deinstalled boxes to get a customer install cause i haven't had new ones as long as i know that there is nothing wrong with the box i see nothing wrong with using them. they are leased anyway. Just like any other company that leases there equipment the use the same equipment over and over. Like the cable company's they take from one house and install that same box in the next they don't give every new customer a new box or remote. So maybe to 068 is a box that they ship to this tech that was a replacement box for service call that is what all of my are that start with that S/N

I was just going by what the VOOM CSR (Joe) told me last night--that a newer box was necessary--with S/N 0859 or newer--somethng about the software upgrade, etc. It was a moot point, as the box was not operable, but, then again, it never had a green satelite icon ever--he did not have the dish aligned to signal 85 or better. But the box would not even give a System screen.

I know it is leased, but they at least should have the S/N on the outside of the box so that it can match the one inside.

Also, the lease--but what happens after 6 months? Also, the service on it is only 2 years, so what happens then--with an older vs newer box?

AGain, they may have a different Receiver by then, too--if all goes to Mpeg 4, but just trying to get a handle on the long-term--I aim to be a long-term subscriber, but if everything is run as short-term, then the customer starts thinking short-term, too and I don't think that is what VOOM wants.

What I understand then, is, with any receiver, old or new, if something goes wrong in first 2 years, a service man (please not the same one I had install) will come out and repair or replace at no charge to me?

ok the s/n thing is new to me i have never had a problem with so i am assuming that it has just been a issue in the last few days.
Yeah if its a new box the outside should match the inside but if is a deinstall not all the time will they match. ( I know the ones i send back to them are not in the same boxes they come out of .)

and i am not sure how the lease program works are paperwork says it is posted on voom website (But i would think that if you are leasing a box then as long as you have done nothing to damage this box then i should be the owner (VOOM) to replace it at there expense even i you lease it for 10 years it will still be there box and they are opt to keep it working as long as you pay your bill.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
I agree with TYORK. If the person who contacted you my email was Lori, she's the real deal and will get something done for you. Give her a couple of days and then send another "nice" email if you haven't heard from her. Reading this forum and the Yahoo/VOOM forum leads me to believe VOOM is installing systems right and left keeping the whole crew busy.

Enjoying HDTV under a cloud-contrail-in rainless Seattle, Gill

It was on the 14th that I had received her email.
I tried to respond to her email, but it came back.
I then the Satellite Guys link to her that she provided and it said she wasn't taking emails.
I then got a Voom email address for her from Voom and sent it out that day and when I didn't hear back from her I emailed her pretty much the same thing last Friday--that I would talk with her about the situation.

Since I know that it is somebody from Voom, I can wait. My initial install and antenna upgrade was done by this installer's son and he was on time and did a good job. I have had Voom since May and it works great. I only lack just the one station, which is hard to get in my area, so I certainly cannot complain much considering the hell some others are having just to get Voom. But this intaller's attitude and attempt to get me to switch to Dish was unethical and after prompting by TYORK I agree that if nobody says anything, then nothing will change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)