remaining Voom channels?

Well www.voom.com said 'more channels coming soon'. I hope that meens sooner than next year.

Saying that, it does not look like they have sold the voom pkg to anyone but dish. Until they do, I don't think you will see growth in these channels.

You'll know when they sold them to others. They will stop announcing their dish channel number on HDNews, and the crawl will stop showing dish channel numbers.

I am hoping they really intended to sell them elsewhere too and that just wasn't 'hype'

There was no separate price for VOOM 21 channels.
The basic package was initially priced at 39.90 plus tax and it included one primium package (e.g. HBO). This is what I was paying until they went down. The price went up for those who signed up later.

When I signed up in Feb 04 the price was $39.90 w/o HBO but included the Voom 21 plus all the SD channels.

DarrellP said:
When I signed up in Feb 04 the price was $39.90 w/o HBO but included the Voom 21 plus all the SD channels.
Did that include any of your locals or could you even get locals with Voom? Just trying to get an idea of what Dish is going to charge once they add the additional Voom channels. Will any of the forthcoming channels be worth watching? If the whole HD packages gets to be too much $ I may cancel and start watching more DVD's.

VOOM service included a free OTA antenna. No local channels were sent via satellite.
As for the missing 11 channels, they included 3 of my most favorite: WorldCinema, WorldSport and FilmFest...

Didn't Voom also carry some high $ SD channels (like CNN, ESPN, etc). Hopefully they can keep the price for the voom 21 in the $10 range.

David_Levin said:
Didn't Voom also carry some high $ SD channels (like CNN, ESPN, etc). Hopefully they can keep the price for the voom 21 in the $10 range.

Yes, these were included plus almost HD channel available for broadcast on satellite. You could have all the channels, including premiums, for $89.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts