Remote fix?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
I was watching TV on my HR 22 about an hour ago and suddenly had the 775 error pop up. A reboot did not fix the problem so I checked all the cables and tried again still no fix. Tried that SD receiver in the bedroom and had a 771 error there. Reset dud not fix that either. Called DirecTV. The person I spoke to said the problem is probably not in my apartment and that I would have to call the middle man company that services my building. The person I talked to there said they might be able to fix the problem remotely in half an hour. I'm just curious if that's even possible? I've never had both the HD DVR and the SD receiver go out at the same time, But in the past when I've had problems it's always been the power inserter which is not in my apartment. The DVR keeps trying to reboot on its own even though I turned it off. Should I unplug it so it will stop doing that?

Thanks. I figured it was a line of BS from this low down, dirty, rotten, POS company.

Your in an apt.?
Look around, did someone disconnect your feed ?
Your getting no channels on any of your recvrs now ?
You said your PI is not in your appt, where is it ?
Did it get unplugged, thus the LNB is not getting the voltage to run the LNB ?

I would contact your 3rd party supplier.

Has anyone else in your building lost their signal?

I don't know. The few people I talk to here don't have Direct. This place is a hotbed of gossip and backbiting so I keep to myself. Both receivers are still giving the same error message. The DVR is still rebooting over and over. I'm about to call Consolidated to get someone out here.

Tech will be here Wednesday. Should I unplug the DVR? It's been rebooting over and over.

yeah unplug them. With no signal it will just keep rebooting

775 on a HD receiver and 771 on a SD are pretty much the same thing. Usually it means it lost signal from the switch (when a-hole media3 is here working on my setup I see that) while you're watching TV. The SD receiver only knows 771 as no signal.

Do you have separate lines from your unit or is there a splitter in the unit? If there is only one cable into your place and a SWM splitter disconnect that and try. If there is no splitter than its something in the switch (as you mentioned maybe the PI)

I don't have a swm splitter. Every time there's been a problem it has been outside my apartment, except when the hard drive failed. I was hoping I could access my recordings but that isn't gonna happen now either. Thanks for the info, I'll be on the iPad till Wednesday.

I finally inured that out. The service loss wouldn't have been so painful if I could have caught up on my recordings. Oh, well. There's Netflix, DVDs and HBOGO.

The tech was just here and the culprit was the power supply...again. He looked at his little handheld computer and tried to tell me I was paying for a system maintenance fee. Otherwise consolidated would have charged my credit card for service call and then taken the charge off later if the problem was found to be outside of my apartment. I told him if they had tried to do that, I would have canceled the service. I immediately called direct to get a credit on my bill and also to ask if I'm paying for a service maintenance fee which I had never seen on my bill. I was assured I'm not paying this fee. I hate this company.

Does direct charge in advance for a tech to roll on a problem call?

The tech was just here and the culprit was the power supply...again. He looked at his little handheld computer and tried to tell me I was paying for a system maintenance fee. Otherwise consolidated would have charged my credit card for service call and then taken the charge off later if the problem was found to be outside of my apartment. I told him if they had tried to do that, I would have canceled the service. I immediately called direct to get a credit on my bill and also to ask if I'm paying for a service maintenance fee which I had never seen on my bill. I was assured I'm not paying this fee. I hate this company.

Does direct charge in advance for a tech to roll on a problem call?

It is not the responsibility of the tech to explain to you what or how you are being charged for. It is his responsibility to fix whatever is preventing you from watching tv. 9/10 times I just tell my customers I am not affiliated with the billing department and I personally am not charging them anything but they should direct any and all questions towards Directv billing.

It is not the responsibility of the tech to explain to you what or how you are being charged for. It is his responsibility to fix whatever is preventing you from watching tv. 9/10 times I just tell my customers I am not affiliated with the billing department and I personally am not charging them anything but they should direct any and all questions towards Directv billing.

Then again I work for a Directv hsp not and mdu installer Co.

I didn't mean to imply that. Actually, the techs have all been pretty nice. One even gave me his cell number back when I was having repeated problems. I feel bad for them working for such a POS company. I deal with Direct whenever possible, but service calls are handled by the middleman.

kattheaunt, remember when I asked here your Power Insertor was ?

That was your trouble, no voltage getting to the LNB.
So, where did he find the PI ?
Do you know now for future reference ?

Did he replace it or just plug it back in ?

Yes, mine is in a closet and I think it's on the floor below mine. I'm in a 16 floor building. This has got to be the 6th or 8th new power supply I've needed. Plus he said the connectors for my SD line were very loose, which explains the intermittent problems I've had for months with that one.

Sorry Jimbo, didn't see your post. I figured that was the problem since its happened many times. I knew it was in a locked closet. He told me he replaced it. All the past times I only had problems with the HR-22. This was the first time both went out at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)