Remote viewing DVR on frontier DSL.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hey all, I have 16 cameras around the outside of my property. They connect to a 16 channel ZMODO security dvr 2 terrabytes of Hard drive. I have it set up to record on motion on all cameras.

My last DVR worked fine to view it over my DSL connection even though i don't have a static IP address the address never changed very much. Now that Verizon sold out to frontier my ip address seems like it rolls over every 5 minutes..no joke.

I am running a linksys router.
I did the port range forwarding in the "applications and gaming" settings screen.
I also put the dvr in the dmz zone as 192.168.1.102

under the local network status DHCP client table i see the dvr as as the above local ip address.

in the dvr menu...the dvr defaults two ports under its network setup.

in the dvr menu....i chose DHCP, port 9000, port 80.

every time i try to access my dvr over the internet my stupid ip changes.:confused:

You could see if there is a setting on your modem/router to keep your connection active. It could be every time your system idles frontier drops your internet connection. A keep alive setting may be available.

Dynamic DNS is another way to constantely update your IP address and associate it with a web address.

every time i try to access my dvr over the internet my stupid ip changes.:confused:
That is done on purpose.
Our local telecom does the same for non-business accounts.
And "sells" it as a security measure. Cableco doesn't do it.

DynDNS will fix that as long as you don't have to login...

Diogen.

Yes I setup dyndns and it works. It was frontier rolling the ip address every 5 minutes! Geesh!!! I setup ddns in my linksys and turned on the "keep alive" feature. Works good now except 3G around here is a little slow for Internet video streaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts