Renewal Notice

I get a renewal notice email almost every day,

There is no way I am going to subscribe when I have a SiriusXM Lynx radio with Lifetime Service (including internet) :)

I probably know the answer, but...

I seldom listen to satellite radio currently, because the sound quality is so warbley. Is there an ice cube's chance in hell that SiriusXM will drop some channels such that the rest can have acceptable quality? (I haven't listened to the Dish CD channels in awhile, but the last time I did, they sounded pretty decent.) My free 1yr sub on my new car is up next May.

My subscription is up in September and I might renew for 6 months for $25 but I but I don't listen to satellite radio much since I recently bought a 160GB iPod Classic for use in my car that contains my entire iTunes library.

My subscription is up in September and I might renew for 6 months for $25 but I but I don't listen to satellite radio much since I recently bought a 160GB iPod Classic for use in my car that contains my entire iTunes library.

Well, after informing my granddaughters that I would be cancelling SiriusXM and they wouldn't be able to listen to Radio Disney anymore, I caved-in and renewed for 5 months for $25 after I saw their long-faces :frown:.
They're happy now :D and they love their grandpa.

Just renewed on a promo again,$35 for 5 months,got the NFL channel added too.Not a bad price,but I told them I get a lot of drop outs and I wasn't willing to pay much.Csr didn't hesitate to make several offers.

Just renewed on a promo again,$35 for 5 months,got the NFL channel added too.Not a bad price,but I told them I get a lot of drop outs and I wasn't willing to pay much.Csr didn't hesitate to make several offers.

That's cool but my policy is I don't do anything less than a year. My renewal for 2 radios came in at $341.58. Completely unacceptable. By the time I ended my conversation with SXM we were at $193.50 for a year including the internet option. As always, another good show.

It was suggested here to have all bills mailed by post office. No credit card. As stated above there is a $2.00 additional fee for this.

I have 4 XM radios.
One built into radio in my Chevrolet.
The 3 others are Roady XT.
One I use in car with cigarette lighter adaptor. Tried the cassette but did not work in my Ford.
For the Ford I had antenna professional mounted by car stereo shop for $30.00.
The other two Roady XT are in boom boxes in different areas of house. Yes, I could save money by moving only one from boombox to boombox.

Not all of my radios are on one account. May or may not be a good idea. But if I do have to actually cancel because of no promotion - I still have a working radio.

Yes, I always have to telephone to get the best deal. Some have been 6 months and others have been one year.

I do think that there are many out there that just don't wish to be bothered with all of this. They just pay.

That's cool but my policy is I don't do anything less than a year.
Why? You don't know where your life will be in a year. My max is 6 months..

It was suggested here to have all bills mailed by post office. No credit card. As stated above there is a $2.00 additional fee for this.
Why? If they charge your card erroneously, call them and get a refund. I've done it numerous times when I've forgotten to cancel at the end of a special rate. They either refund the balance to my CC, or apply it to the new special rate I get.

You guys pay by check at the supermarket, too, dontcha? And, I'm the guy who always gets stuck behind you.

Has anyone renewed their XM/Sirius service recently? I just have the car radio. My current bill is $178.90 due 7/15/2014. Last year I talked customer retention in Canada down to $96.75. I have the XM select package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts