Replaced Damaged Slimline LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leonardb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
I was watching Directv Saturday night in HD when I changed channels and got a 771 error message. I still had SD channels, so I was a bit puzzled. Sunday morning had no change so I went to look at the dish. I found that the plastic cap on the 99-103 part of the lnb had broken off. I was able to get a replacement lnb, but when I installed it, I was still not able to get my HD channels (SD channels still come in though). Is it most likely that I have to realign my dish or might it be another problem? It's still cold where I live, so I'm hoping to have things fixed by midweek when the temperature warms up.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20160410_122534[1].jpg
    20160410_122534[1].jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 218
I was watching Directv Saturday night in HD when I changed channels and got a 771 error message. I still had SD channels, so I was a bit puzzled. Sunday morning had no change so I went to look at the dish. I found that the plastic cap on the 99-103 part of the lnb had broken off. I was able to get a replacement lnb, but when I installed it, I was still not able to get my HD channels (SD channels still come in though). Is it most likely that I have to realign my dish or might it be another problem? It's still cold where I live, so I'm hoping to have things fixed by midweek when the temperature warms up.
Thanks
Is this the Same LNB you had on I t ?
try running the Repeat Sat Set Up.

Reactions: alnielsen
can you post your satellite signal levels for the 101, 99 (ca,cb), and 103 (ca,cb)? its probably an alignment issue, but knowing those would help.

On satellite 101 most of the transponders are in the high 80s to mid to high 90s. On 99 ca I have all 0s on the 11 available transponders. On 99 cb I have all 0s on the 14 available transponders. On 103 ca, 0s on all 16 available transponders and the same for 103 cb. So basically I only have signals on 101.

On satellite 101 most of the transponders are in the high 80s to mid to high 90s. On 99 ca I have all 0s on the 11 available transponders. On 99 cb I have all 0s on the 14 available transponders. On 103 ca, 0s on all 16 available transponders and the same for 103 cb. So basically I only have signals on 101.
The 99 and 103 Sats are where you get your HD channels from, therefore, your probably out of alignment or have a bad LNB, these would be where I would start.

do you have any signals on the 119 sat in the 90's as well? if so i find it dubious that the satellite alignment is off by SO much that you have all zeros on the 99/103 and not at least some non-zero reading. possibly LNB like jimbo said.

The weather and my schedule have finally cooperated and I was able to retest my system. I took the receiver and a small tv and put them on a table under the dish. I ran a cable from the dish to the receiver and what do you know? My HD channels are all back! I took everything back inside and all is right with the world again. I still haven't figured out why I had a problem, but thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions. Much appreciated!

The weather and my schedule have finally cooperated and I was able to retest my system. I took the receiver and a small tv and put them on a table under the dish. I ran a cable from the dish to the receiver and what do you know? My HD channels are all back! I took everything back inside and all is right with the world again. I still haven't figured out why I had a problem, but thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions. Much appreciated!
So you took it outside and used a piece of Coax to connect and all worked .... I would lean towards a bad cable or connector.
Unless you already changed other things as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.