Replacement Slimline Hardware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oagermann

Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Does anyone know of a company that sells replacement dish hardware. Specifically the odd flat grey carriage bolts that press thru the dish and bolt to the tilt actuator?

Stove bolts will work they won't look as pretty but they will still hold the dish together. Use some gray primer if you want.

I thought about using regular carriage bolts but I wasn't sure if the round surface would interfer with the signal balance (The original bolts are flat. I can grind them down but I was looking for a OEM fix.). Also, I didn't know if the difference in metal between the dish and store bought bolts would cause a reaction on the dish to make it corrode or rust easier.

Does anyone know of a company that sells replacement dish hardware. Specifically the odd flat grey carriage bolts that press thru the dish and bolt to the tilt actuator?

solidsignal.com might be worth checking. Also, techtoolsupply.com. Good hunting.

Dana

You might want to try some dumpster diving. I was surprised when I went to throw out my garbage one time in the apartment's main waste receptacle that there was a Slimline there. I was about to grab it just in case but figured I would never need it. Maybe I should have since someday I might need some parts.

Just find a local office that does the installs. Mastec Advanced Technologies is the hsp for directv and being a former employee i'm sure they would give you the hardware if you walked into the office. Usually the supervisors are former techs and most of the offices have dumpsters full of the dishes. You could also try ebay

ohh and also being a former tech you can improvise by using hardware readily available at a local hardware store, the rounded head will not degrade signal. I should know I had to install a few like that, and actually the slimline I use for my home has lowes carriage bolts (with rounded heads). You should be fine improvising. I think the flat bolts are more of an aesthetic thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)