Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I've noted in the last 2 days that replies to posts are taking some time to complete. I see in the upper right hand corner a dashed line that fills slowly. This comes from either the software or server....

Using Safari on a Mac...

Mine done that a couple of days ago. It was just this site everything else was just as fast as normal. I assumed at first it was a server issue and with enough people using it, it would get solved pretty fast. Well as the day went on and still that way and nobody else reporting it. I decided to reset my modem and router....wish I would have done it that morning, cause that fixed it. I would have done earlier but like I said it was only on this site. Very strange but if this is the only site slow for you Bobby it would be worth a shot to reset your modem and router if you have one that is separate.

I have this symptom I think, but only on my laptop (1.6GHz processor running Linux Mint, Chromium browser). It's painfully slow, and tends to fill my text on a delay after I type it. It screeches to a halt when the server auto-saves a draft, MIGHT say that the page is non-responsive, then suddenly catches up. I think it's more on my end than the server. This machine takes time to do much of anything other than word processing. If I turn off scripts for satelliteguys.us it's one of the easier-to-browse sites, but then there's nowhere to type a reply.

This is only a temporary problem until I'm moved and on my regular PC again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)