Report: Jon Gruden close to becoming head coach of the U

No I rest case because you denied the so called challenge you put on the board. The U season is done. If you need to pump yourself up by stating that your Hokies "pounded" the U....you gotta do what yah gotta do.

zOMG! you rested the case..... i guess I can't do anything else now. LOL Please look back and tell me where I said "I challenge anyone" I didn't say I "challenged" anywhere. You funny!! I don't have to pump myself up either about the Hokies.. we both know the truth they beat Miami.

Here ya go, nice little read for ya
Virginia Tech elevates ACC - Wake Forest - NewsObserver.com

well according to sources gruden has ended talks with the U.time to move on..............

I like Jon Gruden as a TV analyst, but I think "Chucky" is living off past glory. Since he won the Super Bowl in 2003, his Bucs only made the postseason twice. And he had a difficult time settling on a quarterback.

But maybe he will be even better the second time around . . . in the NFL, not in college.

Yep. So....now who? Apparently money NOW is not the issue, because from what I heard and read, they were ready to dish anywhere from $3-6 million a year FOR Gruden.
it seems like they might go after mike leach.thats the rumor circulating now. what's your opinion on that?

rey_1178 said:
it seems like they might go after mike leach.thats the rumor circulating now. what's your opinion on that?

here is my opinion.

HAHAHAHAHAHA:)

zOMG! you rested the case..... i guess I can't do anything else now. LOL Please look back and tell me where I said "I challenge anyone" I didn't say I "challenged" anywhere. You funny!! I don't have to pump myself up either about the Hokies.. we both know the truth they beat Miami.

Here ya go, nice little read for ya
Virginia Tech elevates ACC - Wake Forest - NewsObserver.com

Hmm...I wonder where THAT writers allegiances are?:rolleyes: The ONLY reason Miami wanted the ACC was because of basketball. Miami was an independent and did just fine when it came to football. Since the early 80s, The U was NEVER worried about the state of the football program or baseball programs....and considering what the U history shows, they are some of the best in the country. But it has always wanted to elevate it's basketball program because of the very fertile basketball talent down here.

The U's football program will always be relevant even when the results are mediocre. There was an old saying, "does not matter whether they say good things or bad things about you....as long as they're talkin'....."

I don't think that is an option, as per the Miami Herald:

As of Wednesday, there were at least five candidates on UM's short list: Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen, Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, Connecticut coach Randy Edsall, Arizona coach Mike Stoops and Utah coach Kyle Whittingham.

Mullen, the former Florida offensive coordinator who has been at MSU two seasons, told reporters on Tuesday night that he was flying to Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday morning for a recruiting trip. The Starkville Daily News reported in a blog that the recruit scheduled to meet Mullen was Boynton Beach defensive end Jonathan Harris -- the only Florida-based commitment for MSU.

For the record: UM will not hire any head coach with any baggage, a Trustee told The Miami Herald -- and that includes Leach and former USF coach Jim Leavitt.

Read more: Jon Gruden won't commit to Miami Hurricanes, keeps NFL options open - UM - MiamiHerald.com

From what I am hearing, they have Stoops and Dan Mullen at the top of their list.

Mississippi State facilities will put the Canes facilities to shame. He will not want to start all over again and will not want to raise his kids in Miami. His parents just built a house in Starkville.
Time to move to the "B" list.:)

Last edited:
Mississippi State facilities will put the Canes facilities to shame. He will not want to start all over again and will not want to raise his kids in Miami. His parents just built a house in Starkville.
Time to move to the "B" list.:)

You are still hooked on that about facilities?!:rolleyes: Again...PRIVATE school vs. STATE school. He will not be starting from scratch, that team that whomever takes over as head coach, is fully loaded.

I don't think you understand at all. State money is NOT used in building athletic facilities. Donation and fundraisers.
Are you saying since Miami is a private school they cannot have a fundraiser. :)

I don't think you understand at all. State money is NOT used in building athletic facilities. Donation and fundraisers.
Are you saying since Miami is a private school they cannot have a fundraiser. :)

I am saying a private school that barely has 10,000 students will have a hard time competing with a state school with 3 times and sometimes 4 times as many students when it comes to donations and fundraisers.

Well, I said it the other day, the whole Gruden to Miami thing never did ring true. Notre Dame or USC? Perhaps, but not Miami.

Sandra

SandraC said:
Well, I said it the other day, the whole Gruden to Miami thing never did ring true. Notre Dame or USC? Perhaps, but not Miami.

Sandra

Why not Miami? It's is a nationally recognized program as any with one of the most fertile area for prospects in the entire country, a team already loaded with national talent and finally, the biggest advantage of all....the gig close to home.

Why not Miami? It's is a nationally recognized program as any with one of the most fertile area for prospects in the entire country, a team already loaded with national talent and finally, the biggest advantage of all....the gig close to home.

I didn't say that to disrespect Miami. Although they're obviously more relevant to you and other Miami fans (especially older ones) than they are in the entire college landscape, that's not where I was going.

I would not see an NFL guy falling into a job at Ohio State either, or Michigan, or Texas, or Alabama, etc. They're just not that type of program. I don't mean a guy like Saban or Spurrier who are basically college guys who dabbled in the NFL, or lower level NFL guys looking to make a name for themselves.

I'm talking about the elite NFL coaches who are out of work and may consider coaching again...Gruden, Dungy, Cowher, Billick, etc. Would not be surprised to see them land at Notre Dame or USC, but I can't think of any other schools off the top of my head.

Sandra

SandraC said:
I didn't say that to disrespect Miami. Although they're obviously more relevant to you and other Miami fans (especially older ones) than they are in the entire college landscape, that's not where I was going.

I would not see an NFL guy falling into a job at Ohio State either, or Michigan, or Texas, or Alabama, etc. They're just not that type of program. I don't mean a guy like Saban or Spurrier who are basically college guys who dabbled in the NFL, or lower level NFL guys looking to make a name for themselves.

I'm talking about the elite NFL coaches who are out of work and may consider coaching again...Gruden, Dungy, Cowher, Billick, etc. Would not be surprised to see them land at Notre Dame or USC, but I can't think of any other schools off the top of my head.

Sandra

Didn't taken it's as an insult at all....though the little jab was cute....but why would any coach wanna go to USC within the next 3 or 4 years due to the NCAA ruling. At Notre Dame, they are not even talked about other than 'oh yeah, they are playing on NBC on saturdays'.

It's one thing to be mediocre like Miami has been...but Notre Dame has been down right awful. And USC, down right dirty.

Didn't taken it's as an insult at all....though the little jab was cute....but why would any coach wanna go to USC within the next 3 or 4 years due to the NCAA ruling. At Notre Dame, they are not even talked about other than 'oh yeah, they are playing on NBC on saturdays'.

It's one thing to be mediocre like Miami has been...but Notre Dame has been down right awful. And USC, down right dirty.

The point regarding USC's NCAA issues is valid, but it's still USC, and they'll get past that.

And Notre Dame is unlike any school in the country. It's that simple. If you win at Notre Dame, it's different than winning in any other program in college football. There is no other place like it.

I'm no Golden Domer, that's for sure, but the truth is the truth.

Sandra

like mentioned already before, gruden wants to stick to the NFL. thats understandable. so Notre Dame and USC are out of the picture as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts