Reports suggest Japanese TV makers may enter the OLED TV market using LGD panels

Gonna be like LCD. A few companies will lock down the panel production (Sharp, Samsung, Au Optronics), other companies will buy all the parts, user their software, and put out a display (Sony).

Gonna be like LCD. A few companies will lock down the panel production (Sharp, Samsung, Au Optronics), other companies will buy all the parts, user their software, and put out a display (Sony).

I completely agree. Not sure Sony will stay in the game, though, and also wondering if Panasonic will be in the TV business 5 years from now.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think Sony and Panny wont be around in a lot of this stuff 5 years from now. Panasonic's 2014 blu-ray players are already way late to market compared to last years due to unsold inventory, and they are out of plasma (LCD's arent that good). Shame because Panny makes nice and reliable stuff.

Sony may hang in, their LCD's sell on name, their blu-ray players seem to sell well too.

I still expect very few OLED TV shipments in 2014. I'd be happy to see them ramp up in 2015. If OLED TV shipments aren't significant, and aren't priced at a level people could at least consider (say, $5,000) , by the end of 2015, then I think OLED just might not be the next major display technology.

SAT RECEIVER TO REMOTE TV VIA WI-FI?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts