Request for changing "SatelliteGuys God" title to other title

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a user title. Titles are supposed to be capitalized. That's all there is to it. And we can change it if we want.

Not "me". The Krell were a mighty and noble race who accidentally destroyed themselves long long ago. And oh by the way, I'm not Robbie or Anne Francis either. :D

Too bad you're not Anne Francis:D,

Like your profile pic, I just recently saw Robbie the Robot in The Invisible Boy movie, of course I knew Robbie from Forbidden Planet, but I wonder how come I had never seen him in that other one.

It's just a user title. Titles are supposed to be capitalized. That's all there is to it. And we can change it if we want.

Not necessarily true.
I have looked at trying to change this many times before this thread was started and can not change it.
The reason I can not change it is I have not paid into a membership here.
So only those who paid can change the title which I think is a bit ridiculous, Especially when this site is using the name of God in a manner inconsistent with His deity.
I think this should be changed so anyone can change it as it reflects badly upon this site IMO.

Not necessarily true.
I have looked at trying to change this many times before this thread was started and can not change it.
The reason I can not change it is I have not paid into a membership here.
So only those who paid can change the title which I think is a bit ridiculous, Especially when this site is using the name of God in a manner inconsistent with His deity.
I think this should be changed so anyone can change it as it reflects badly upon this site IMO.
SatGuys is a good Forum. Maybe consider donating.

In this day and age, no matter what we change it to, it will probably offend someone, somewhere. :confused:
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I brought this up 2-3 years ago. I said it "bothered" me and suggested changing it. I didn't whine about it, demand something be done, etc. Then someone mentioned being a pub member, I can change it to anything I want, so I did. End of story....

Trust me, I'm far from politically correct. I have also never uttered the words "that offends me". :p

I appreciate the fact it was changed.
This was a good and informative discussion that I personally had not brought up to any of the mods here before so I am glad it was brought out in the open.

Thanks for the global change!

Reactions: charlesrshell
So you're Dr. Morbius?

I'm not Dr. Morbius either. ;)

Edited to add, long ago, in what seems like a galaxy far far away, I was on IRC (remember that?) with a group of my fellow skeptics. One of those skeptics, a Harvard video tech, chose the name Morbius because he loved the movie, as do I. That is how I came to choose TheKrell, so I could threaten them with monsters from my ID. :D

Better have Merriam Webster dictionary change their third definition of God:

a person or thing of supreme value.

Myself, it really doesn't matter what the title says.

Reactions: dare2be
As long as it says "Lifetime Supporter" or "Pub Member / Supporter", I'm happy!

Regarding the "G" word, I always felt "Guru" was a more down-to-earth description for a knowledgeable person than "God". I may be two steps removed from a heathen, but I respect other's beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts