Retailer Chat tomorrow on January 11, 2006!

SummitAdvantageRetailer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2004
East Coast
E* might release more upgrade details on tomorrow's Retailer Chat so stay tuned! Scott, if you make a notice thread, you can delete this. I didn't see a reference for it yet. Don't forget this one like the last one!

I should be able to catch the first 20 minutes of this tomorrow, thanks for the reminder.

If I can get on, I'm going to voice my displeasure of HD-lite and whether 921/942 owners HAVE to surrender their receiver for the rebate or not. The 921 owners such as myself deserve a good deal. I'll also try to ask them if the 942 owners that purchased the receiver can get another kind of deal if not wanting to lease. I think the economics for E* will sway toward a lease model (unless if they can somehow re-use any part of the 942) but who knows. I'll try. :)

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
If I can get on, I'm going to voice my displeasure of HD-lite and whether 921/942 owners HAVE to surrender their receiver for the rebate or not. The 921 owners such as myself deserve a good deal. I'll also try to ask them if the 942 owners that purchased the receiver can get another kind of deal if not wanting to lease. I think the economics for E* will sway toward a lease model (unless if they can somehow re-use any part of the 942) but who knows. I'll try. :)
I was told you could turn in any active Dish receiver--it did not need to be your present HD DVR. You may want to confirm that.

If it is available to dealers only, will you have a chat room like you did for the CC with whats going on, or just a thread for it afterwards?

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:

Could you (or any other dealer watching this thread) ask 2 things:

1. When Dish anticipates starting to use MPEG4 (you may have to tell them we're all aware that MPEG4 is NOT really being used).

2. How soon after that will all HD be taken off MPEG2 (which essentially renders the 942 an SD only receiver).

All I care about is one thing......

WHEN will they take orders for the 622 and when will they start shipping?

I would like to know the status of the 411 receiver. We heard on the customer chat that everything was going to 211 and 622, and that only these 2 receivers get the new MPEG4 channels. However the 411 is MPEG4 also right? So are we safe with already purchased 411's or screwed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts