Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads and be part of our community! Registration is FREE!

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!

Reverse LNB Polarity

Discussion in 'General CableTV & Satellite Forum' started by trinidex, Jul 31, 2007.

1. trinidex

trinidex Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

I have an 8ft offset solid dish with a Ku LNB mounted no the end. The LNB is bolted to the arm, not installed in a collar.

The polarity of the satellite I want to receive is reversed, so H is V, and V is H

Is there a product that can be installed in line, that will reverse the polarity?

Thanks

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. VinceT3

VinceT3 PIT MEMBER

I want to know as well.. because that would solve dish pro issues with toriadol dishes.. :)
  3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike SatelliteGuys Family

Lots of companies make external H/V switches that are toggled by an accessory port. All you would have to do is swap the two input wired.

They do vary from model to model, however, some are 5/6 volt and some are 12 volt, and I think that some of the Drakes had the plus ion the shield and the minus on the center conductor. I installed four of them at a Cox cable headend so that they could receive Ku feeds of a Bullseye, dual C/Dual Ku feed that I also installed using their own, residential-grade Drake receivers, and I had to put in discrete LNB powering supplies and voltage block them from the switches to make non-Drake switches work with a Drake receiver.

The good news is, almost all of them are the same, so for twenty bucks of less you can buy one and try it. Back when I did that installation for McR, I found them somewhere really cheap, like about $6 each, but I don't remember where.

This remedy could not be adapted to a Dish Pro Plus single coax output.