Revolution

Reminds me of this past month when our microwave broke down. Did you know that you could cook Hot Pockets(minus the paper cover) in a regular oven or toaster oven? Adjustments had to be made in food preparation. I do have to give Campbell's Soup a big thumbs down on instructions for preparing soup in ways other than microwave. "Stir frequently to prevent burning." Really? WHAT TEMPERATURE? FOR HOW LONG?

I watched it from NBC's site. I'll be surprised if it lasts a whole season. Final scene in opening episode (with woman in attic) blew any hope I might have had for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

The main problem I see is that a large section of the population would probably starve/die before they figured out what was wrong.

Essentially if I understand the premise, no electricity in any form works, so there would be no communications and essentially every device we have would no longer work. So, if you were to wake up today and find out that had happened, what would you think had happened? An EMP? Are we at war? A terrorist act? There would be no way short of a wave of bike messengers to travel everywhere to investigate and find out that it happened everywhere. Most people would probably stay put to guard their houses and possessions, waiting on help to arrive. After all the military must be working to fight the enemy and eventually rescue would come.

Essentially everyone would exhaust local food supplies. No one would be thinking to have to abandon everything and get out to the countryside and start farming before it is too late. Even then how many have horses and plows? A modern farmer would be helpless also, who has a horse? They might have an old family plow out in the barn rusted from 100 years ago if they were lucky. Even then they might get overrun by starving hordes from nearby cities.

I could see decimation of the population. People would not even realize there was a real problem until it was too late to even try to do anything about it.

It would be going back to the 19th century hear comes pony express now better than the USPS had to make the joke. but look at the previews again they had solar panels on roof tops there is other ways to make power. but looks like a good show.

Dan Rose

The premise sounds good for Revolution ,but it will turn into a rip off of the Hunger Games . Another Tera Nova type show that will quickly fade out or last till the new shows run out and go away. Sci-fi shows do not last on network tv. A show like Battlestar Galactica would of never lasted for 5 or 6 years on network tv ,like it did on Syfy channel. Nbc has a recent history of canceling the sci-fi shows: Heros, The Event , The show about alien creatures invading our oceans-can't remember the title.

Initially excited and watched it on Hulu..I smell a mid-season cancelation coming this way. JJ dropped the ball on the Lost finale and the entire season of Alcatraz. Dunno about you fine folks, but a show with a huge conspiracy and whereas the viewers only get a piece of the puzzle every 2-3 epidoes doesnt do it for me anymore.

Besides, NBC has been on such a "winning" streak lately that its just a matter if time before they screw this up.

Cheers, K

Last edited:
MikeD-C05 said:
The premise sounds good for Revolution ,but it will turn into a rip off of the Hunger Games . Another Tera Nova type show that will quickly fade out or last till the new shows run out and go away. Sci-fi shows do not last on network tv. A show like Battlestar Galactica would of never lasted for 5 or 6 years on network tv ,like it did on Syfy channel. Nbc has a recent history of canceling the sci-fi shows: Heros, The Event , The show about alien creatures invading our oceans-can't remember the title.

I agree, nbc and everyone else for that matter seems to give up too soon anymore. I really liked the event. I wil give this one a short, just hope I don't get hooked then it's taken away again.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I agree, nbc and everyone else for that matter seems to give up too soon anymore. I really liked the event. I wil give this one a short, just hope I don't get hooked then it's taken away again.

I wouldn't count on the show lasting that long. Frankly I was surprised that they let The Event run all it's episodes till the finale. I really would of loved to seen how that show would of turned out.

MikeD-C05 said:
I wouldn't count on the show lasting that long. Frankly I was surprised that they let The Event run all it's episodes till the finale. I really would of loved to seen how that show would of turned out.

Me too, would have been nice to get some answers.

Watching revolution premier now, not bad but a 2 hour episode would have been better.

NBC killed this show with its 3-4 months hiatus which destroyed all the momentum it had. The last 4-6 episodes of the event were awesome and ended with a bang!

As a new planet enters the solar system...
David: what's that?
Mother/Christina/First Lady: Home!

The only thing NBC hasnt managed to screw up yet is SNL.

Cheers, K

I feel asleep 15-minutes into the show...mostly because I was tired and have to wake-up early, but jumping forward 15-years after the opening segment didn't exactly grab my attention. It reminded me of really bad Flashforward-like beginning.

After watching it I just feel like executives sat around a room and brainstormed how they could capitalize on The Hunger Games, and came up with a check list.

1. OK we need a reason for a primitive society so we can have crossbows again - Invent device that stops technology - check
Somehow though all modern guns (well except a few) disappear and we have muskets that have to be reloaded like in the 1700s?

2. Need female lead to fire said crossbow - check

3. Need young male role to bond with said female lead, but still be in competition some how - check

4. Throw in some goals and mysteries for some sort of plot - check

I will watch a few more episodes to see if they can make a story out of it. But, the first episode was fairly weak.

The advertisements on the radio & TV had me wanting to check out this show. After reading a few comments here I believe I'll pass.

People over analyze a lot of shows. I just go in and let the story unfold. I don't really care if something is plausible or illogical, as long as it's a genre that interests me, I just want the story to be consistent and move along.

That being said, I don't see this or Last Resort lasting more than the original episode orders. Although I like both of them, these are not the types of shows that the Networks will let have the time to grow their audience numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)