RG6 distance to TVs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brequi

Aug 18, 2009
Reedsburg, WI
I’m running RG6 cable for the output to other TVs in my house from my DirecTV receiver. Instead of having a home run to each TV from a splitter directly behind my DirecTV receiver I’d like to run one 40 foot cable to my mechanical room and then split off to my other 6 areas from there. The 6 TVs will be 30 – 50 feet from the splitter, which means each TV will be 70 – 90 feet from the DirecTV receiver. Any issues with this distance? Any issues with 6 runs?

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Thanks. Where can I get one of these? Any recommendations?
How to you prefer to shop?

Radio Shack usually has a couple of models in stock and you might be able to find something reasonably priced at Walmart or Target. Avoid Best Buy.

If you're going online, consider Sadoun.com (a sponsor here).

You need to decide up front how much and how long you want to invest in SD as none of it will work with HD. None of DIRECTV's current HD receivers or DVRs features an RF modulator and modulating HD is not a consumer's option (though modulating down-converted HD is still an option).

brequi

Aug 18, 2009
Reedsburg, WI
Thanks. Are they called coax distribution amplifiers? I see some that are RCA plugs, but not coax. Also, it's no problem to have this connected at the end of my 40 foot coax run instead of right at the receiver right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts