Rockstar Releases GTA V Gameplay Video

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
After watching this, to quote Calvin Candie, "You had my curiosity. But now you have my attention."
NSFW obviously

Last edited by a moderator:
That video got me pretty excited for this game too. If that gameplay footage was legit we will definitely be getting a PC version. I have never seen a PS3 or 360 game that looks like that so either their "gameplay" video isn't real or that was PC footage. I believe rockstar has released PC versions several months later in the past. I'm not sure why this would be the case but maybe the PC version isn't releasing as early as console so they haven't announced it yet. Although, I don't think Red Dead Redemption ever got a PC release I can't imagine a game like GTA V not getting one. I know I would rather play a huge game like that on my PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That video got me pretty excited for this game too. If that gameplay footage was legit we will definitely be getting a PC version. I have never seen a PS3 or 360 game that looks like that so either their "gameplay" video isn't real or that was PC footage. I believe rockstar has released PC versions several months later in the past. I'm not sure why this would be the case but maybe the PC version isn't releasing as early as console so they haven't announced it yet. Although, I don't think Red Dead Redemption ever got a PC release I can't imagine a game like GTA V not getting one. I know I would rather play a huge game like that on my PC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
There's rumors that a PC version will be coming but NOTHING is confirmed. They did post a job request for someone to help out in porting Rockstar games over to PC, but that is far from a confirmation that GTA V is coming to PC. And no, RDR did NOT get a PC release, which a lot of PC gamers point to as a bit of a point of contention and worry.

That was real gameplay footage, as it states at the 4:46 mark. Rockstar isn't one to lie about their footage, unlike a company like say, GEARBOX.

It should be noted also that Rockstar isn't exactly known well for their PC ports. Unless they're doing this one right and are developing it separately like they did with Max Payne 3, let's not forget that when GTA IV first came out on PC it was an absolute MESS. People with rigs like you and me (or their equivalent at the time) couldn't get over 15 FPS at reasonable settings, not to mention all the other bugs. A number of changes did make things better for most but there are still people today that complain it was a piss poor port.

As seen here, history dictates about a 6-9 month delay between console and PC release. I'd definitely prefer a PC gaming experience for this game as well but I have it in my GF queue and it looks like I'll be playing it on my 360 for the foreseeable future.

On a random note, did you all know that GTA IV was never released in Japan? Also, from that picture I linked there's an insane delay between NA and JP release dates. I guess they're not really into open world gaming over there. To be fair, what was the last Asian based open world game you've played? And no, Sleeping Dogs doesn't count because that was based on another American based IP of True Crime IIRC.

If there is any delay whatsoever for PC release I will be renting from gamefly as well. There is no way I'm waiting 6 months or more for GTA V. If these were console graphics I am very impressed. I'm still leaning more towards an unannounced PC version though. Everything just looks a little too sharp for a world that size on current gen consoles to me. If they pulled it off that's great and I will gladly play on PS3 or 360.

As for the Japan stuff, it seems like we have very different gaming markets. It is very hard to believe that a game as huge as GTA IV never shipped there but plenty of their bigger games never come here either. I have been playing more Japanese games on my Vita lately because that is where most of the quality games on that platform are coming from at the moment. There is a huge difference between Eastern and Western games. I definitely prefer almost every aspect from gameplay, to story, to art of Western games for the most part. Most Japanese people would probably have the opposite opinion. You're right. I have never played a Japanese game anything like GTA so maybe that's why they never localized it for them.

If there is any delay whatsoever for PC release I will be renting from gamefly as well. There is no way I'm waiting 6 months or more for GTA V. If these were console graphics I am very impressed. I'm still leaning more towards an unannounced PC version though. Everything just looks a little too sharp for a world that size on current gen consoles to me. If they pulled it off that's great and I will gladly play on PS3 or 360.

As for the Japan stuff, it seems like we have very different gaming markets. It is very hard to believe that a game as huge as GTA IV never shipped there but plenty of their bigger games never come here either. I have been playing more Japanese games on my Vita lately because that is where most of the quality games on that platform are coming from at the moment. There is a huge difference between Eastern and Western games. I definitely prefer almost every aspect from gameplay, to story, to art of Western games for the most part. Most Japanese people would probably have the opposite opinion. You're right. I have never played a Japanese game anything like GTA so maybe that's why they never localized it for them.
Part of how they made it look so good may be that the game requires installation, on BOTH consoles.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/02/gta-v-will-require-an-install-no-disc-switching

I'll sign it but I doubt I'll wait for a PC release if it is several months after the console release. This would probably be a day one PC buy for me. If it isn't available on PC at launch it will be a Gamefly rental for my PS3.

Rockstar had a multiplayer reveal today. Seems very ambitious, almost like an MMO..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08...line-revealed?abthid=520ce72886ea1b4b6e000009

Not really sure what to make of that. I don't usually even bother with online modes for most games unless I specifically bought it to play online (Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, COD, etc...) There are the rare games like Halo and Gears that I play both the campaign and multiplayer modes but usually it is one or the other. In my mind it is rare to find a game that has a good campaign and multiplayer mode in the same package.

That being said, I have been told that online play was very fun in The Last of Us, Mass Effect 3, and GTA IV and never even gave it a shot in any of those games. Just like how I never play much, if any of the campaign in Call of Duty or Battlefield I don't usually play multiplayer in campaign focused games. Maybe it's time to change my way of thinking here.

Every single video for this game has looked great. I understand why they haven't done this but I really wish they would give us a yes or no answer on a PC version. If they said a PC version is coming, even if it delayed, I would wait for it. If not I will probably try to hold out for a gamefly rental on PS3.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Pre-ordered with release date shipping through Amazon. Been a long time since I paid full price for a game but I have a feeling this one will be special.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts