RTL-SDR Low Pass Filter

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
I have not noticed FM BCB interference in frequencies up to 14 MHz, or even up to about 30 MHz using the dongle. Maybe because I use an upconverter for HF.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
With a SDR or any consumer grade scanner front end overload is a major issue. In my case I can go to the 380mhz range and listen to my local FM stations. I can also hear NOAA across the whole spectrum. Here is the easy fix, look at par electronics. Dale custom builds filters to your needs. I have a weather tower 2 miles from me and quite a few high power FM broadcast stations broadcasting on a mountain less than ten miles from me. I suffered intermod something fierce. Dale hooked me up with a NOAA and a FM trap and now no intermod and can hear conventional channels 60 miles from here with mountians in between. Great products at a great price, and no I do not work for him or gain anything from this post.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Par Electronics is not very far from here, about a 45 minute drive.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Good information. I start seeing an occasional FM broadcast station starting about 30 MHz. I wonder if an FM trap like they used to sell at Radio Shack would work. A friend of mine bought one and said it worked well. Time to stop by the 'Shack and see. Thanks to the tip Comptech.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Agreed, a wide-band filter off the shelf, we not give you the performance of one tailored to the part of the spectrum, YOU need blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)