Rumor Alert - SiriusXM Rumor!

We gave up our two XM subscriptions due to high costs and poor reception around here. We listen to the channels on dish several times a week and non stop during the holidays. The only thing I don't get that i miss is the Baseball from XM.

Mochuf said:
Yet you paid big money to listen to the MP3 audio quality of SiriusXM?

The audio quality of SiriusXM on dish is much better then the real SiriusXM satellite service.

How sad is that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think Claude has become a curmudgeon. :) If it's a marketing ploy it's a damn good one. More people get siriusxm music added to their package. If Dish wants to promote more channels have been added, no problem with me, they did. No different than anything else added, some are going to say the channels are useless, others want them.

Actually, I have Pandora on my Denon A/V receiver. I find that head and shoulders above anything Sirius/XM provides....
I prefer Pandora, as well. But, I like having XM as an alternative. Once I got Dish back in my house, I cancelled my XM online sub, and use the Dish XM channels thru my Yamaha AVR. (I also did my semi-annual "I want to cancel because it's too expensive" call to XM for my car account, and got that reduced, as well.)

Also, I now have XM in the BR too, if I want. (I also have the Pandora app on my BR HTiB.)

So, having XM on Dish is definitely a nice perk.

I prefer Pandora, as well. But, I like having XM as an alternative. Once I got Dish back in my house, I cancelled my XM online sub, and use the Dish XM channels thru my Yamaha AVR. (I also did my semi-annual "I want to cancel because it's too expensive" call to XM for my car account, and got that reduced, as well.)

Also, I now have XM in the BR too, if I want. (I also have the Pandora app on my BR HTiB.)

So, having XM on Dish is definitely a nice perk.

Based on a couple of responses, I checked Pandora. They have nothing over Sirius, especially UNDERGROUND GARAGE. Great old stuff, Great new stuff...that nobody would know about. Worth every penny IMO.

This is great news for me if it is true.

I work from home, and listen to XM all day long while I work. My wife and I were just talking last night about ways that we can save money if she stops working to stay home with our son (5 months old) and just be mom for a while.

XM was one of the possibilities to cut, but I use it so much, it really is worth the price each month to me. We have the 120+ package. If I could dump my home XM receiver and still be able to listen to the Jazz, blues, and electronica channels via DISH, I would be really happy.

-SF

lol. i am a classic country person. i don't drink though.lol
That doesn't make you a bad person.

BTW my son and I spent many an hour together watching Rockford files when it was in syndication. We are both still fans but don't see it on anywhere these days.

When it was in first run my Uncle Sugar had me busy elsewhere a lot and my son was sh***** green so syndication was a treat for us both.

It was/is a classic.

That doesn't make you a bad person.

BTW my son and I spent many an hour together watching Rockford files when it was in syndication. We are both still fans but don't see it on anywhere these days.

When it was in first run my Uncle Sugar had me busy elsewhere a lot and my son was sh***** green so syndication was a treat for us both.

It was/is a classic.

no, it does not make you a bad person. i DVR the rockford files everyday at 4pm central on MEtv

I have an A/V receiver. But I also have an XM account and listen to XM on just about every single device I have, including my AV receiver directly from my XM radio, my XM APP on my iPhone plugged into the receiver, or on-line through the receiver, all of which give better sound quality than through the satellite receiver. Even though I can listen to XM on any of those devices through my receiver, I seldom do anyway.

The few times I do listen to music through it I will use my iTunes library from my PS3, iTunes library saved on media player through home media share on my DirecTV receiver from my PC, or the Pandora APP through my DirecTV receiver. The best sound quality is done through the PS3.
So this means you don't know what XM sounds like thru E*. It may sound the same and you are comparing it to what D has therefore you really can't make an evaluation. Not saying it is better or worse just that you have no way of comparing.

Another marketing ploy by Dish so they can call the Americas Top 120, Americas Top 160 to make people think that its a better value.

In the past 15 years, I think I listened to the music channels only once and that was during the Holidays with the holiday music channel.

Seriously, take it off my programming package and let me save the extra $1 or $2 its costing me per month.
Each to his own I use them about once a week.

gpollock87 said:
no, it does not make you a bad person. i DVR the rockford files everyday at 4pm central on MEtv

Right! I just learned about Me TV a couple of days ago and found out it's on one of my locals subs. Got to fix my antenna wires so my OTA tuner is back in operation!

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Claude Greiner said:
Seriously, take it off my programming package and let me save the extra $1 or $2 its costing me per month.
Yep, Claude's gone crumudgeon for sure.

Not only that but he's a music hater.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

SlyFerret said:
This is great news for me if it is true.

XM was one of the possibilities to cut, but I use it so much, it really is worth the price each month to me. We have the 120+ package. If I could dump my home XM receiver and still be able to listen to the Jazz, blues, and electronica channels via DISH, I would be really happy.

-SF

It's a moot point if SiriusXM moves to AT 120 soon, but you would've saved a few bucks by dropping XM & upgrading Dish to AT 200, anyway. Upgrading from 120+ to 200 is $10.

I think Claude has become a curmudgeon. :) If it's a marketing ploy it's a damn good one. More people get siriusxm music added to their package. If Dish wants to promote more channels have been added, no problem with me, they did. No different than anything else added, some are going to say the channels are useless, others want them.

He does have a valid point regarding counting them as "channels". It's misleading at best. People don't buy cable/sat for the music "channels". They are looking for a video channel count.

Based on a couple of responses, I checked Pandora. They have nothing over Sirius, especially UNDERGROUND GARAGE. Great old stuff, Great new stuff...that nobody would know about. Worth every penny IMO.

You need to give Pandora a try. Doesn't work like Sirius at all. My guess is, is that that have a much bigger library of the music you like, as opposed to Sirius.

You just need to tell it what you like and go from there. PLUS, it's free.

steve4810 said:
My brother and I each have friends like you. His buddy lives on a mountain in upstate New York and hikes through the forest in snow shoes when he's not downhill skiing like your avatar shows. My friend is in the mid-west and cross country skis but in the summer goes on month long walkabouts in the Rockies with no tent or gun.

Neither of us understand you people.

Lazyboys, adjustable beds, laptop on your lap, and big flatscreens in front of every seat... 24/7 365.:D

I love all of the outdoor stuff but like DodgerKing you will find me inside in the hot summer months. I'm in Georgia so, for me, the summer months are about 100 with extreme humidity. Probably also because I am in Georgia, I carry a gun all the time. We have so many senseless things happen in this state that I don't take the risk. If I have my pants on (which is all the time) I have a gun on me. :)

I'm a winter person and am looking to eventually relocate to Vermont or Upstate New York. I visited Vermont two years ago and was amazed at how down to Earth, friendly and helpful everyone was. I'm lucky to even get a winter where I am but got the motherload last year and loved it.

When Summer heats up my TV will be on more than it is now. I'll watch the Braves unless ESPN has another game on that night (or MLB Network). Wish DISH carried EI... I'd go with the Blue Jays / Twins then shift to the Giants / Dodgers or Mariners for some West Coast action. ;)

Any update to this rumor? I checked on the Dish website for a particular channel and it shows that it's available in AT120. But the reps say it is not.

You need to give Pandora a try. Doesn't work like Sirius at all. My guess is, is that that have a much bigger library of the music you like, as opposed to Sirius.

You just need to tell it what you like and go from there. PLUS, it's free.
Yeah, KAB. You must not be using it correctly.

Plus, another big advantage to Pandora is no DJ's. (And no ads, if you opt for PandoraONE). I always hated Sirius' incessant chatter, and much preferred XM's approach of just playing the music. Of course, that all changed after the M&A, and the new company went to Sirius' content. They really need to STFU, and just play the music. Although, with certain specialty channels like UG, some of the talk is actually pertinent and interesting. But, usually, I just wanna reach into space, through the satellite, back down to Earth, into the studio, through the mic, and punch the DJ fairly hard in the face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts