Rumor Alert!

Traditionally you would be right. But, it was up-linked and set at 135 this past Wed. Just waiting for BBC-A to flip the switch.

Traditionally you would be right. But, it was up-linked and set at 135 this past Wed. Just waiting for BBC-A to flip the switch.

I couldn't find this in any uplink report. Is this set on a CONUS transponder or will Alaska and Hawaii also get BBC-A?

There is what looks like another channel on the discovery channel homepage that I don't think exists as SD or HD... It's called Turbo. (wonder if Charlie had anything to do with the naming of that one...) The television area of the Turbo website (linked above) only mentions TLC and HD Theater for now;

I think I found out a while back that Turbo is an actual channel, but in the UK or South America (or both?) I don't know why it's on the US website, maybe they are trying to gauge interest.

If they took that stuff off HD Theatre, there wouldn't be much left on it...it's pretty much become the car channel. Maybe they are going to change the name...that's their usual gameplan. After all, ID has had 5 different names in 10 or 12 years. HD Theatre doesn't really serve much of a purpose anymore.

Now that you mention it, HD Theater used to be one of my most watched channels, and now I only watch about 15-20 minutes of Sunrise Earth some mornings while I'm getting ready for work.

That's a pretty good trick to hide the channels in the private pub. But I will spill the beans, I think the Channels will be:

MLB Channel
Smithsonian Channel
BBC-World Channel.

How many times do we have to say that there is NO WAY in hell the MLB channel will come to Dish Network? That channel is tied to MLB EI and Dish will not carry it.

Smithsonian? LMAO! Forget about it.

How many times do we have to say that there is NO WAY in hell the MLB channel will come to Dish Network? That channel is tied to MLB EI and Dish will not carry it.

Smithsonian? LMAO! Forget about it.

Please...no mention of MLB channel. Everyone knows that its NEVER coming to Dish, and the very mention of the name will cause a convergence of fanboys on this thread sparing to effort in telling everyone how much E* sucks...

just...don't...:D

Was watching How Its Made and it went to commercial, saw an add for Realz Channel on Channel 299 and then after that an add for BBC America HD. Both of these were locally inserted by Dish Network, then the BBCA ad ended it jumped back to a commercial on Science channel which was just ending.

I think this is a good sign. ;)

Was watching How Its Made and it went to commercial, saw an add for Realz Channel on Channel 299 and then after that an add for BBC America HD. Both of these were locally inserted by Dish Network, then the BBCA ad ended it jumped back to a commercial on Science channel which was just ending.

Scott is this going to be a CONUS launch only?

Yep. Saw the same on USA hd about BBCA hd. This too was a put in ad by Dish.

Those waiting for BBCA on Monday will be disappointed, so prepare for it now. Wednesday looks like a good bet, though.
Yeah, it would suck if they wait til Wednesday.
I would have watched Torchwood: Children of Earth already, but I was waiting for it to be shown in HD.

Ok, so again...all three are:
1. QVC HD
2. BBC America HD
3. Investigation / Discovery HD

Smart money says Investigation Discovery will be on the platinum tier.

I bet Absolute and Turbo Bronze subscribers will get QVC HD!

Sounds like you need TWC. In Western New York, they already have Fuse HD and IFC HD, and are adding HLN HD and TCM HD in August. It seems they are catching up on both D* & E* on their HD offerings.

Pfft! I can call TWC cable here. They match or exceed E* on certain things like HD channel count and On Demand. But, E*'s DVR is far superior. (D* is quite far behind in channel count.) If I just wanted HD channels w/o regard for picture quality I would actually call U-verse. I have a choice of four providers, but I still stick with Dish (no FIOS available to me). IFC, Fuse and TCM HD's would be nice. I can't get excited for Headline News in HD. It would remind me of the old Voom News too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)