Rumor Alert

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont think uverse is going to be around much longer as ATT has already said they are going to migrate uverse over to DirecTV's platform with new boxes coming to DirecTV such as the media gateway that is coming.

It would be around that time, as that would be becoming more official, to overhaul a channel mapping so that "U-verse" and "DirecTV" subscribers would find the national programming mapped to just one channel lineup. AT&T has its HD channels mapped to the 1000s. (That's the standard-definition feed plus 1,000.) But the software from DirecTV allows for same-numbered mapping of SD and HD (like, for example, that CNN is on ch. 202 whether you watch in SD or HD). This will make it better for "U-verse" subscribers.

There are enough differences in the channel mappings, from U-Verse and from DirecTV, that a restructuring looks to be coming. (For example, U-verse has more west-coast feeds of premium-movie programmers than DirecTV. That has to be accommodated in terms of where programmers get slotted.) This isn't saying what goes where specifically. But it's not difficult to imagine a two-hundred block of the sports programmers where the 600s serve regular programming (as I earlier suggested) and the 700s would be good for subscription packages (like NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings). I think what may happen is a blend of the two current mappings with some, perhaps, better reorganization.

Others may call me loose lips, others may say I am making stuff up, but in reality for the last year and a half I have been rock solid on all my rumors and info.

While others talk smack about us we continue to tell you stuff first. That tells you who the real DIRECTV leader is. :)

The other site still has the "Pac 12 confident even without Directv" thread open and act like it won't happen...

Reactions: Mr Tony
They are stupid over there. I remember a few times the channels were made available and people could watch it and yet they did not mention it until a press release came out days later.

That's weird. I have been with DirecTV for more than 15 years. Not every programming launch gets a press release in advance of launch date. Maybe this is a "I'll believe it when I see it" belief.

Like many other West Coast fans I am hoping this rumor is true. To answer some of the questions about the "600 channels" that was before Pac 12 Networks was launched, Larry Scott when he took over the Pac 12 had all the schools TV deals and packaged them together-this enabled a large deal with ESPN/FOX and also gave the Pac 12 the money to launch Pac 12 Networks. About a year ago Larry Scott was on a local SF sport stalk station and he was pretty confident that once the AT&T buyout of DirecTV was approved we'd see Pac 12 Network show up on DirecTV. Obviously we don't know what he was told, but he felt pretty confident in the ATT/Pac 12 marketing relationship.

It will be interesting to see what and how it launches on DirecTV-currently Dish I believe only carries the Nat'l channel and not the local RSNs whereas Cable is usually carrying the Nat'l channel and the local RSN (Xfinity shows the local RSN in HD but not the Nat'l channel). I really don't care, as long as we see the Pac 12 games and hopefully an overflow channel for when there's two games going at once.

Quick note-first game for CFB on Pac 12 is Thursday Sept 3-so a week of testing with a launch targeting Sept 2/3 would make sense for DirecTV. Everything would be in place before the season begins.

It's dawned on me that September 1 is next Tuesday.

Perhaps that will be the launch date for Pac-12 Network on the current state of DirecTV. (I am considering calling it AT&T's DirecTV.)

Dish carries the national feed full time in HD. It then carries all live games from the regional networks not shown on the national feed in HD on one of 5 overflow channels (occasionally, the overflow game is only in SD). We are big Pac12 fans. Glad to see it being added to Direct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The title of the thread is what I was referring to. Since it's coming to Directv, they shouldn't still be using the thread with "without Directv" in the title...

I'm now guessing it will be Thursday. Morning or early afternoon. But just in time for the evening games.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
While reading the test has possibly been removed is disheartening there was also this Twitter note from Jon Wilner with the Bay Area Newsgroup:

Jon Wilner
@wilnerhotline

This is first day in 3 years that I've thought @Pac12Networks could announce a deal with @DIRECTV at any point

Key to remember is the Pac 12 headquarters are in Walnut Creek CA and the Pac 12 Network is based in SF. Both are the home market for Jon Wilner, he had been very careful not to say much as the rumors started last week. He would re-tweet some stuff but never directly say he is felling positive about a deal happening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.