Rumor NO MORE!, SpeedHD, FX HD & More THIS WEEK! (NOW LIVE)

What is the Smith channel?
It's the 'Smith Channel', about regular guys doing regular things. Sometimes they have an all day long show called "A life in the day of Smith" and they attach a head-cam to this guy named Smith and show what he sees for 24 hours (there are some parts you don't wanna watch). :D

...seriously, it's Smithsonian.

Yeah the site could be busy tomorrow for folks waiting to see what the Up-link Report will be. Could we see another record broken this week? We will have to wait and see how things turn out either way good time to be with the Dish. :)

Yeah the site could be busy tomorrow for folks waiting to see what the Up-link Report will be. Could we see another record broken this week? We will have to wait and see how things turn out either way good time to be with the Dish. :)

There is such a thing as a GUIDE button. :eek:

Press Guide Button, press channel number of hoped-for-channel.

I have actually seen new HD channels a few minutes before the Uplink Report that way...

Guys, Guys, Guys...we're all getting way too excited here!!! Think about Dish's track record here...we all know something big will end up happening tomorrow, like a gnat peeing on the fiber line or something, that will necessitate a delay in the launch! Calm down! :p

hehe...that said...Halleluah if we actually get Speed HD out of this! :up

Guys, Guys, Guys...we're all getting way too excited here!!! Think about Dish's track record here...we all know something big will end up happening tomorrow, like a gnat peeing on the fiber line or something, that will necessitate a delay in the launch! Calm down! :p

Uh, note that due to Team Summit, channels could be turned on during any day of the week, based on when Dish wants their "splash" to occur.

So, don't assume that a lack of channels added on Wednesday means that nothing will be added this week...

I just landed about 20 minutes ago in Denver for this years Dish Network Team Summit event in Denver and already info is starting to come in. I am being told by various sources that SPEED HD, FX HD, MavTV HD and Fashion TV HD will launch this week on Dish Network!

Again consider this a rumor until you see the channels yourself. But I consider these sources EXCELLENT.

More from Team Summit all week long! Stay Tuned here to SatelliteGuys.US for all the Breaking News!

About time, Finally trucks in HD!!!

I agree, we're all getting way too excited... Dish is TOO good at breaking hearts with what they do.

As a TurboHD subscriber, for example, I fully expect to not get anything new. In fact, I would not be surprised if rumors appear at Team Summit about Dish wanting to get rid of TurboHD entirely - it's causing them too many problems with content providers, and they'd clearly rather sell a higher-dollar package anyway, as evidenced with the recent failures to add channels. Oh, well... such is life with Dish!

Yeah i'm sure MAV and FASHION will land on the HD platinum tier. While that won't do anything for me, i'll be glad for those paying for the higher tier. I am curious though if all their programming with be HD.

I'm not fan of racing so SPEED doesn't excite me, however i'll be really happy for those who have waited on this channel for forever. Since I went HD in Feb 2009, SPEED has to be one of the most requested channels i've seen mentioned here.

Personally, I look forward to F/X. That has been one channel i've been longing for in HD since I joined DISH. I look forward to checking out their programming.

With the additions to HD that DISH has made this year is really closing the gap on HD channels i'm looking for.

I guess personally i'd look for:

AMC
E!
ESPNU

for channels available now.

As for announced HD channels i'd like to see DISH get

MSNBC

and just dreaming i'd love to see

MLB Network

I would like to see the following go HD

HALLMARK
OXYGEN
TV LAND

All of you hoping for Speed HD and F/X HD shouldn't be too surprised if the additions turn out to be Ion HD and Ion West HD! :haha

I wonder if F1, WSBK & MotoGP will be broadcast in full HD. I think that Speed is dependant on the european feeds. The SD feeds look horrible even compared to most sports in SD. Although when Fox & CBS showed some races a couple of years ago, they were in HD. The CBS feeds still had the black bars, but pic qaulity was much improved.

As far as I know, F1 is only in SD. The Speed HD will have it in widescreen. Only the F1 Japanese Grand Prix was shot in HD last year, and the HD was for Japan only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts